Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Sadly I haven't seen "Smallville", thinking about ordering the Series Premiere 2 Episode Set DVD from Canada. It's not on in my area, and it looks like I'm not going to see "Birds of Prey" either. Excuse me while I go thank my crappy cable company and local stations. I can't even watch "Enterprise". I missed almost the entire first season.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JEDITRICKS: Thanks and I agree with you. I'm very skeptical.
    I think with Smallville they have a hit, and now they think everything and anything could work. That's not true. With Smallville they had both luck, a great cast, and talented writers. To pull that off over and over again with every superhero is not always going to work. I still say even Spiderman the movie's cast doesn't match Smallville's, so there's more to it than a budget. I could care less if Birds of Prey is a good show. I am interested in trying it out for a show or two. We'll see where it goes from there.

JARJARBINKS: I'm sorry you don't get this show (Smallville). I'm pretty sure you'll like it. The DVD's are worth getting as I think I might buy them also - and I've seen the episodes!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I've only seen like two episodes of last season. So which season is this right now? 2 or 3? I am happy to hear of a DVD collection of season 1, just another reason on my list to buy a DVD player.

I was vehemently opposed to this show from the very beginning, it only took me one viewing of a single episode to make me a fan. I had too many flashbacks of Lois & Clark when I first heard of the concept for Smallville, I'm glad my misgivings were all proven false.

This show totally blows away everything that has been done on TV and in movies. (Superman 1 and 2 were okay, but nothing more, I never liked Christopher Reeve as Superman)
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

All I heard so far on DVD BigB was that it's the first 2 episodes as a Pilot, and thats only available from Canada. It has Audio Commentary with the cast and crew, if I recall correctly. As well as deleted scenes and some making of featurette. Lemme dig up what I read about it really quickly and then I'll post here the info.

MTFBWy and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The following is from www.tvshowsondvd.com. The Deleted Scenes info is from Home Theater Forum. TVshowsonDVD suggests Videoflicks.com to order from. Note that the info is from before it came out, and the Full Frame info is incorrect as far as I know. I've been reading it's actually 1.78:1 and 16x9 Enhanced.

Here is all the information from the press release I was sent. It looks like this "Smallville" DVD is Canadian only. If I discover any information about a US release I will post it to the site. The DVD will contain the Pilot and "Metamorphosis" which were broadcast together in some areas as a TV movie.

Growing up is tough for any teenager. But it's even tougher when you have mysterious super powers you don't understand and must not reveal to others - powers that keep you from fitting in with the everday high school and dating. Teenage anxieties and smalltown secrets give the Superman mythology an exciting new spin in Smallville. Tom Welling plays Clark Kent, the adolescent whose hoped for romance with Lana Lang is frustrated by the kryptonite in her necklace. Michael Rosenbaum is Clark's self-proclaimed steadfast friend Lex Luthor. Inside the idyllic community of Smallville, the intertwined destinies of these three begin to take shape while an imminent danger emerges: a high-school prank has spawned a vengeful villain who has acquired super powers of his own.

Length: 91 mins
    Aspect Ratio: 16x9, Full Frame
    Audio: English - Dolby Digital 5.1, French - Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish - 2.0
    Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese
    UPC: English Packaging: 0-85396-07392-0, French Packaging: 0-85396-07401-9
    Features: Audio Commentary By - Producers Alfred Gough & Miles Millar and Pilot Director David Nutter; Interactive Map of Smallville Storyboard to Screen; Interactive Menus; Trailer; Scene Access.
    Street Date: June 4, 2002

Another day, another tidbit regarding the "Smallville" DVD release. I've spoken to Warner Bros. Home Video Canada and they confirm that it is a Canadian only release (which we had figured out anyway). I also found out that the deleted scenes found on the UK release WILL be included and last approx 7 mins. Also, the cover art that has been floating around is a fake since the artwork hasn't been finalized yet. If you look at the spine you can see the HBO logo beneath the DVD symbol. I should have the finalized artwork by the end of the week and I'll post it on the site.

FYI, the deleted scenes are:

00:00:06:21 | DELETED SCENES
    00:01:20:01 | ROSS' AT THE CREAMED CORN FACTORY - PILOT EPISODE
    00:00:18:24 | JOCKS AND THEIR TRUCKS - PILOT EPISODE
    00:00:42:06 | PRINCIPAL KWAN CONFRONTS JEREMY - PILOT EPISODE
    00:00:53:16 | LEX MEETS GABE SULLIVAN IN THE FERTILIZER PLANT - PILOT EPISODE
    00:00:47:03 | PETE AND CHLOE OUTSIDE OF THE HOMECOMING DANCE - PILOT EPISODE
    00:00:54:17 | PETE HAS BREAKFAST WITH THE KENTS
    00:01:28:05 | MARTHA AND JONATHAN DISCUSS CLARK'S POWERS

Here's a couple reviews that I could find of the DVD.
    http://www.supermanhomepage.com/tv/r...ville-dvd.html
    http://www.currentfilm.com/dvdreview...lvilledvd.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smallvilledvd.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	4071  
    Last edited by Beast; 09-26-2002 at 01:06 AM.

Canada only? What's the deal?

Hopefully the American version will be a collection of the complete season.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It's Canadian only, so they can get around the never sufficiantly damned syndication rights. They consider releasing a show on DVD, while the show is still valuable in syndication unacceptable. So it's usually around 4-5 years before a TV show can be released on DVD. There are exceptions, but it is the major cause of problem for TV shows. It sucks, but them is the breaks.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by bigbarada
    This show totally blows away everything that has been done on TV and in movies. (Superman 1 and 2 were okay, but nothing more, I never liked Christopher Reeve as Superman)
    I never liked Christopher Reeve as Supes either, m'self. Especially after I heard he publicly said that comic books were akin to toilet paper right after he was cast as Superman.

Ever see the live-action Superboy show? That was pretty lame IMO, worse than the '50s Superman tv show. I thought Lois & Clark was ok, but faded by season 3.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You know I would have to chime in here, Tycho. I think you started a thread earlier about Smallville that we talked about it in.
    First of all, I have loved the show since the start. Being a lifelong Superman fan, I was totally excited when I first heard they were doing this show. Seeing it on TV and enjoying it so much made me that much more excited.
    The season 2 premiere picked up right where season 1 left off, and I dont mean just storywise. The quality of the show seems to get better every week. Even in the long "off season" I still had to be at home at 9pm on Monday and Tuesday nights, just to see episodes I had already viewed before.
    Now that the new season is here, we can all look forward to the new plots and storylines. Its a great time to be a Smallville fan.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I know JangoFett96!

It does seem like every episode keeps getting better and better!

Clark and Lex finally had a conflict in the last episode and Clark's not so naive anymore. The tension there, as well as the way Tom Welling upped the bar by adding more dimension - even anger to his character - with his father missing being the perfect motivation!

Smallville amazes me! I've even got my mother regularly watching the show!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.