Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I have been a fan of this show from the gate. I knew from the first time I saw the preview for the pilot that this was destined to be the greatset angle done on Superman to date. And even though Superman is only my fifth or sixth favorite hero, this is definitely my favorite super hero show/movie by far. And it rates third overall of all time behind LOTR and Star Wars. And I am looking forward more every day to MR giving us some time on the silver screen. But I hope they don't ruin Smallville by giving us "Smallville: The Movie".

Watching this show is an event for me each week (except reruns) and I missed the season premier due to a family emergency so I thank you all for filling me in.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Tom Welling is already starting to look his age IMO, he definitely looks so much more mid-twenties than he did last season. IMO, they should be prepping him to actually play Superman on the big screen soon, just complete the cycle and get it over with.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I wouldn't object to having Tom Welling play Superman in a movie. His acting talent has impressed me so much. I think he has done an outstanding job in the role as a young Clark Kent.
    As far as a new Superman movie, I am really anticipating it, whenever it happens. We really need to see a modern Superman movie since the technology is so much better now than in the 70's and early 80's. I think it would really be an amazing film if it would actually get made. Seems like every time it is considered something stops it from happening.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I'd love a Superman movie with the Smallville cast, but I agree with what's been said.

If they re-start a Superman movie franchise with this group, I don't want them to do Smallville the movie with the Smallville cast.

USE THIS CAST! But do Superman.

They can incorporate clips from the TV show into a feature film movie if they want to show how Jonathon and Martha got Clark, what his conncections to Lex and Lana are, etc.

As they are getting older, it'd be ridiculous to have them continuosly play high school characters.

We all like the episodes, but let's take it to Metropolis for a movie and just use the Smallville cast.

Meanwhile, there's nothing wrong with this TV show. It keeps getting better and better!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yeah, I can get with a Superman movie with this cast as opposed to a Smallville movie. But they would need to tread lightly to keep from making the Superman movie a renamed "Smallville: The Movie".
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

There's no way I'd accept clips from the show inserted into a Superman movie, they'd have to refilm them with a MOVIE director on MOVIE filmstock instead - there is a huge difference and one that television shooting just can't capture the grandure of.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JediTricks, maybe they need to film some stuff (just basic storyline stuff) with this cast on filmstock now then.

Just in case they're going to make movies.

If it is a general audience Superman, not just for Smallville fans alone - they'll need to re-explain where Tom Welling's Clark comes from.

He'll be much too old to reshoot the "scarecrow" scene and shots of him and Lex as friends when they were young if they wait too long. 3-4 more years might already be too long.

They can film this stuff on their current sets while they shoot the regular television show. It would cost them less than doing special shooting I'd think. - They could use stuff from scripts for current shows.

Meanwhile, at a lower cost, it would be less of a financial risk in case they never use it.

At comic con, the producers / writing team showed they have Smallville prettty well thought out. Evidence of the quality of the show supports that.

Now I just want to see them really thinking ahead. Then it could go smoothely. We'd see a film with Tom Welling as Superman 4-5 years from now, (in this film 4-5 years from now) AND we'd see new footage made with Tom Welling TODAY shot for release that much later.

What do you think about that idea? It's not like this show is unsuccessful
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Nah, let them film the scene when they're filming the actual movie so the director's vision is what's on screen and not WB's collective opinion of what should be there. They can CG Welling's wrinkles off his face if need be.

Personally, I don't think the scarecrow shot was really a formative part of Clark Kent anyway, neither on the series nor in the canon.

I don't think including shots from the TV version as a flashback to Superman's origins is all that unrealistic, JediTricks. After all in the 80's and 90's a lot of TV movies were shown theatrically overseas. "V", "V: The Final Battle", "Duel", "IT", Manhunter", etc. etc. etc. So TV movies can be projected successfully. Plus, they can explain away the TV footage not matching the film stock, by making it a flashback told by Ma or Pa Kent, and just give it the blurry flashback look around the edges.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

From a technical standpoint, absolutely they could do it, I just don't think they should. Heck, I'm not even 100% sure they're not shooting on filmstock right now for the show, but shooting for TV and shooting for cinema are 2 different things and I think TV-style filming doesn't have what it takes to be on-par with what we deserve from the cinema.