Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Well I for one am glad we have this high-quality show that we can sit debating the possibility of movies over!

Here's to many more successful seasons of Smallville!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Another great episode of Smallville was on last night.

I want to be in Clark's high school biology class!

So how much do you think happened between Desire and Johnathon Kent?

So Clark can shoot laser beams out of his eyes only when he thinks about sex?

Does anyone think the x-ray eyes effect was a little cheapened? To not show the beams, only the fire starting, would have been better?

I know that would have looked more psycho-kinetic than laser vision, but....

Martha Kent telling off Lex Luthor was a great scene.

Somehow when Chloe and Lana went to see Clark in jail, I thought about everyone having "women in prison" fantasies.

I know it was supposed to be summers' heat in Smallville, but the writers and the directors had to like showing a lot of all the girls' skin, nice, hot, and wet, huh? Nothing gets by me...

Finally, was this girl just a nympho-turned-gold-digger? How did she discover her abilities? A spin-off series about her in college and getting her teaching credentials would make a great series! They could put it on the USA network. It would go with their other shows. But uh...I guess I WOULD watch it!

So is Clark going to remain a virgin? I mean really - it looks like in next week's episode Lana learns everything: about the ship, that he's an alien, and probably ties the meteor shower into the death of her parents.

At Comic Con the producers said that Lana was Clark's soul-mate. In some versions of the legend, she learns (and keeps) his secret. Is that going to happen in this show now? To keep them from getting together? Because by now with Whitney out of the picture, Lana should go for Clark if he can't make a move on her without setting the house on fire. Maybe they should go for their first date on the lake. That'd solve everything!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The use of those ripples for the heat vision looked pretty cheeseball. That was always the least-believable power for Supes, I thought, and the show really put it out in that manner.

In the ep, after practicing, Clark confirms that he no longer has to think about sex to get the heat vision going.

I didn't like how the time difference between last week's ep and this week's ep was so quickly brushed off - no "3 months later" text or anything. I also didn't like the villian, she was just lame IMO and her "pheremone breath" effect looked way cheesier than most of what they put out there.

BTW, could you please dial back the sex-talk? This is still an all-ages forum and we don't want to get in trouble.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Geez, JT, are you just super critical about everything? I don't see the need to go bashing all the effects of the show as stupid, they were fine with me. I think you just expect too much from this kind of show.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I love the show, but I agree with JT's opinion about the 2 effects:

phermone breath

and

laser vision.

They could have done no effects and explained what was happening. It would have been more realistic.

As it stands, it wasn't THAT bad, but overall, the episode was great. I did think she was a worthy villain. Women always are. (I have an attitude I'm keeping in check with only making that comment).

As to JT's question about how risque my post was. I'm looking at that. It's not unduly educating anyone.

To point out that perhaps nothing need be done, the show was PG enough to air on general television and a ton of grade school age kids probably watch that program too. Desire taught all the biology lessons already. I'm doing nothing there.

The directors made some decisions on this episode that took it in a blantantly obvious direction.

My guess is that the majority of people checking out a Smallville thread on this site watched the show. They know what's up already - and last night they were given some new things to think about.

Don't forget that he still has the "kiss them and they forget" power to discover. Does it seem to anyone that the situations that constitute hostility between Lex and the rest are getting more intense regardless of all the previous misunderstandings that created them?
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Ok, I must have missed this thread and have now just recently caught up with it.

Bigbarada - I'm glad that you are enjoying the show.

I also remember in a previous thread that I suggested that for the new Superman movie they should have Tom Welling play him and that it should coincide with the show, but almost nobody seemed to agree with me. Now it is good to see that at least a couple people here like the idea as well.

As for this season, I think it is great. Next weeks episode looks to be like a really good one. Does Sam discover Clark's secret? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hopefully Lana and Clark will get together this season seeing as Lana is now "hopefully" breaking things off with Whitney. That is the only thing I hate about the show. It is clearly obvious that Lana is flirting with Clark, even in the first season. I could never understand why Lana wanted to be with Whitney. He tied Clark up in the field and was a complete jerk for most of the season. Clark saved Lana how many times? If I were her I'd seriously re-evaluate my relationship.

Someone mentioned that they think that Tom Welling is showing his true age. I would have to disagree. He certainly doesn't look like a 15 year old, but he could pass for 17 or 18. Heck I myself am 25 and, being an actor, I play 16 year olds all the time because I look so young. The one person on the cast that really did not look his age was Whitney. He definately looked like he was 25-26.

Also Birds of Prey will probably be a ridiculous show. How the WB managed to completely destroy the Batman franchise is beyond me.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I do think Tom Welling will make an excellent Superman in a film.

About the criticisms of the "lame effects," I guess I just don't take this kind of show so seriously. It's obviously about a alien boy who lives on earth with superhuman powers. So a little unrealism to make the show more visually interesting is fine by me. Something had to tell the audience that something supernatural was happening when that woman was kissing Luthor and Mr. Kent. Otherwise most of the audience would never pick up on the fact that anything abnormal was going on. And the idea that Mr. Kent could so easily be seduced by just any pretty girl would seriously detract from the integrity of his character.

I liked the "heat-vision" effect too, just because it looked so cool.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Geez, JT, are you just super critical about everything? I don't see the need to go bashing all the effects of the show as stupid, they were fine with me. I think you just expect too much from this kind of show.
    You misunderstand my previous comments, I was bagging on them because the series up until then had pulled off TONS of great effects and I was shocked by how much worse those were than the usual fare - my expectations were based upon what they had delivered up till now. I didn't complain about the truck looking phoney in last week's ep, did I?

Originally posted by Tycho
    As to JT's question about how risque my post was. I'm looking at that. It's not unduly educating anyone.
    There was no question in my mind as to how risque your post was because as an all-ages site, SSG has to be more careful of such things lest we get in trouble with parental watchdog groups, so IMO your post was pushing the envelope. In general, sex-talk of any kind is dissuaded in the forums. SSG could be held responsible for these forum comments and even be shut down, whether they saw the ep or not, SSG could not be responsible for that. People reference movies that contain nudity and sex all the time in the Movies-Other section, but that doesn't mean SSG should be a haven for any level of discussion of those films.

Birds of Prey seems to be 3 crime-fighting gals, one of whom is the daughter of Batman and Catwoman, fighting all the crime in Gotham since Batman has gone missing. Seems like a 3-issue Elseworlds comic, not a 22-ep series.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    You misunderstand my previous comments, I was bagging on them because the series up until then had pulled off TONS of great effects and I was shocked by how much worse those were than the usual fare - my expectations were based upon what they had delivered up till now. I didn't complain about the truck looking phoney in last week's ep, did I?
    Good point, I hadn't thought of that. This has been the third episode of the series I have ever seen, so I have no idea what kind of precedent has been set thus far. Sorry 'bout that.