Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Found at Rite Aid yesterday...

I dunno much about MM rarities.

We still have one Rite Aid left in town that wasn't taken over by Eckerd Drugs. I dug through their toy bin and found something.

MM 3-pack with Imperial Landing Craft, Swoop & Death Star. The card is the striped version that looks like the pattern on SWAF boxes. Surprisingly, the packaging is really in very good shape.

I almost choked when I saw the price, and had the clerk verify it was really correct. Aaacck!! $8.39 + tax!

But like I said, I dunno nuthin' about little MMs and what a decent price for this set is these days.

I expect it isn't gonna sell anytime soon at that price. If anyone wants it, lemme know and I'll go pick it up.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

It's one of the two last packs released for the SW 3-packs and it was only released on the striped card.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Post in my experience, the rarity of these last 2 sets is usually overstated. . .

. . . mainly by scalpers looking to maximize their gouge-yield i've yet to hear from a single swmm collector who's had much trouble acquiring these sets. predictably, the reason rite-aid's got em long after no one else does is cuz of their typically-out-of-line prices
    however, for the same reason, i Have known rite-aids to feature, long after becoming unavailable elsewhere, $13 af viragos, which subsequently got diVerTed to ya'll. so rite-aids aren't comPletely useless
    vt
    np: stevie wonder, "too high" (features the fun lyric "she's a full-out cartoon monster on the tv screen" )
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 10-27-2001 at 04:08 PM.

re: "i Have known rite-aids to feature...$13 Viragos"

Precisely the reason I went there!
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Lightbulb

Here's what I did tonight.

Rite Aid is the only store in where I have sighted the latest wave of POTJ figures (Emp Wrath, Luke X-wing but no Han). But they are rather pricey at $7.99 a pop

So I went to the store tonight with all my empty pop bottles and cans, took them to the recycable machine located in the back of the store and got $2.15 store credit. So that made the price a more palatable $5.84 plus tax. And I also learned that machine excepts beer bottles too. If I brought them with me I could have gotten the whole figure for free!

So if I need to buy any more SW stuff from Rite Aid again I will make sure I have plenty of cans and bottles for deposit.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

re: "If I need any more SW stuff I'll make sure I have plenty of cans and bottles"

LBC, COOL!!! You've provided a corollary to the proposition below....

"If you bought $1000 worth of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49. If you bought $1000 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the stock) one year ago, drank all the beer, and traded in the cans for the nickel deposit, you would have $79.
    It is therefore financially prudent in these troubled times to drink lots of beer and recycle."

GMTA, LBC!!!!!

Attached Files Attached Files
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

LOL

Hmm, is Rite-Aid national or regional?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

re: "is Rite-Aid national or regional?"

(from their website)
    "Rite Aid Corporation is a retail drugstore chain in the United States serving customers in 30 states across the country and in the District of Columbia."
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Hmm... I might have to look see if there are any around here and check'em for any leftover MM stuff.

if you go....

...and if your Rite Aid is laid out like the one here, be sure to check in more than one aisle for toys. Mine has an aisle up front with mosltly peg-hanger carded toys, then a shelf & bin section back in another aisle. The back shelf/bin section was where I found that MM 3-pack buried.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}