The Day the Earth Stood Still
    Twilight Zone Episodes
    Back to the Future
    Predator
    Terminator
    Aliens
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

"The Day the Earth Stood Still", good call Evenflow! I actually realized I left that one off my list around 3am this morning.

I'm also leaning towards adding "Amazon Women on the Moon" even though it's not entirely a sci-fi film, though the title is the center of the whole movie and it's just a fantastic parody.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I didn't think This Island Earth was that bad and I forgot to add it to my list.

I'm not a huge sci-fi fan, but I feel compelled to add Demolition Man, Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Robocop, Robocop II, and The Transformers: The Movie.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Nuts, I forgot Jurrassic Park and Bladerunner. The Matrix I think of as more of an action movie, but it definatley qualifies as a sure favorite.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Robocop, another good addition! I am shocked that I forgot it, I went out and bought a copy not 2 months ago.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I'm also leaning towards adding "Amazon Women on the Moon" even though it's not entirely a sci-fi film, though the title is the center of the whole movie and it's just a fantastic parody.
    Damn straight, JT! That is about the funniest movie ever made next to "Hollywood Shuffle." Plus, it has Carrie Fisher as a naughty girl in a funny 50's hygiene movie parody!

Gotta give a shout out to Matrix, Alien and Aliens, Blade Runner, Robocop, Stargate, BTTF (the first one only), ST2, Dune (love that David Lynch), Close Encounters, ET, and Enimy Mine. Another one I kind of like is The Last Starfighter. Who can't resist a movie with both Robert Preston from The Music Man and Commandant Lassard dressed as an alien?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Poor "Mary Brown", she's unclean. If you enjoyed "Amazon Women on the Moon" as a comedy, then check out "Kentucky Fried Movie" which is the predecessor of "AWotM".

"The Last Starfighter", I think this movie deserves honorable mention even though I'm not putting it on my list. It was ambitious and really seemed to care about the sci-fi AND the characters, and was almost a rallying cry for us of the Atari generation.

I'd forgotten The Last Starfighter. While I wouldn't put it among my favorites, I have to post this ESB/TLS cross-over:

Hobbie: "Two fighters against a Star Destroyer? It'll be a slaughter."
    Derlin: "That's the spirit!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.