Arkansas Nuclear One not protected.

Something I thought you guys might be interested in hearing. By federal order, every nuclear power plant in America has restricted airspace for 10 miles around the plant. Except Arkansas Nuclear One in Russellville, about 70 miles NW of Little Rock. Why, you ask? There is no answer. Our local paper covered it all today and confirmed that out of 86 sensitive sites, the Russellville plant was the only one not restricted. The only answer given by government people, was "We don't know why".

I wish they could at least give us a good reason why.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

It sounds like one of those typical, dreadful govenrment oversights that no one wants to admit happened and no one wants to come forward with answers. So rather than simply saying, "Ooops! We missed one!", and adding it to the protected sites protocol, those in charge of such mandates sit on their hands and cast about for who is to blame, while doing NOTHING!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Maybe they don't think anyone or anything in AR is worth saving. Or they don't think terrorists will strike here. Although we do have what is reportedly the second largest chemical and biological arsenal in the nation at Pine Bluff, south of LR. Pretty funny when you think about it, that we have a nuclear plant and a chem and bio weapons storage, and the state motto is "The Natural State". Ha!

I seriously don't understand why they don't just add Nuke One to the list. Guess that's too easy.
    Last edited by Fulit; 11-01-2001 at 05:44 PM.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis