Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geonosians

Geonosians

Wanted to bring this back because I found this image in my copy of 'The making of The Phantom Menace'. It made me realise how many of the episode one rejected designs are being re-used for episode two. We've covered the flying whales and the superdroids but I wanted to bring this discussion back.

As I can only post one pic at a time I split this post to bring you this episode two Geonosian which looks so like the rejected EP1 Neimoidian it's uncamnny
    Last edited by Jargo; 10-27-2001 at 10:44 AM.

Rehashing designs really isn't something new for Star Wars. Cloud City was originally planned to appear in ANH but was dropped and 'recycled' for ESB. And ROTJ? Death Star 2, nuff said.

I actually preferred the original designs for the Neimodians, so I'm glad they are finding a way to put those designs in the new movie.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

And lastly this realscan version of the Geonosian. This is just a young Geonosian as it hasn't got the facial finnials of the older 'Archduke Poggle the Lesser' Seen in the previous pic.

I just thought this was at one level lazy design work with a "can't be bothered to think up anything new" feeling to it, but then after consideration offers a nice flow of design thinking in action. from the streamlined profile of the Neimoidian to the grizzled features of the Geonosian in the realscan. Neat! At least these aren't cute. It's nice to get some ugly characters in Star Wars. As long as Uncle George doesn't cutesy them out in post production that is.....

Ugly? I think he's quite cute already!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

they don't look very smart or evil...just kinda dull...

Smile

Their suppost to look like the Battle Droids, right...?
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

In the first picture,the head reminds me of Sebulba Athough I cant waith to hear them and to buy figures of them
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

They do look like battle droids.But I think if they are done right, they just might be a good character.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."