Page 39 of 151 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    Fantastic, Pegger! He does look great. That's when the fun starts, right there. I can see the emotion on his face... when they start interacting and paying back the love, that's magic. Enjoy!

Aside, I think I might have an idea why they opted for plastic on the Hasbro Smokescreen - every review I read about the Takara one has people mad about chipping the paint on the metal car during even the most careful transormation. Apparently the damned thing is like a rubik's cube.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

JJREASON, PEGGER & MABUDON: Thanks for the Welcome !

PEGGER: Vous vous débrouiller très bien en Français à première vue! Votre fils se porte à merveille, c'est parfait!

Went to TRU on Friday evening and how sweet was it to find the first 3 ULTRA FIGS hangin' on the pegs! They retail them at $17.99 each. Would have prefer $15.99 but hey...whatever.

They were fresh from the case as the guy had just finished placing them 10 minutes ago. He told me he had received 2 cases of them (6 per case if I remember well). Got both RIEEKAN & WAMPA but decided to pass on THREEPIO as I think he's not as nice and interesting as the other two (too many Threepios anyway).

They both look great. I'm mostly happy with Rieekan (face, painting, pose). The only thing would be that he seems to have limited articulation but I don't care much since he doesn't need to be "super-articulated" fig...and the Tactical Screen is a classic. I've been waiting 24 years for this fig and the waiting was worth it! Will open them later. Someone tell me: is the Wampa fig a POTF2 rehash (don't have this early version)?

WM had some HOF figs left, nothing more.

One collector shop over here is clearing its '02/early '03 figs at $4.95 each. Plenty of choice!

Take it easy!
    Last edited by Dialogus; 02-08-2004 at 11:49 PM.
    "I'm ready for anything."
    [font=courier]Luke Skywalker[/font]

"Tell me my Life is about to begin tell me that I'm a Hero!"
    [font=courier]Genesis, The Knife[/font]

On a non S.W. note, Marvel Legends IV & V are showing up here, picked up BladeII & Beast. Sadly no Red Skull or Goliath, perhaps next time. Hate those dam chase figures, Brandon's going to have to wait until I find one or until I have to resort to E-bay. Nothing new in the S.W. dept at all, HOF came and went, still waiting for others to arrive.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Yeah, all the HOF in Moncton are sold out too.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosskman
    Yeah, all the HOF in Moncton are sold out too.
    Sold out??? They haven't even hit the shelves in my area!... (not that I want any of them)...

Still can't find the Ultra wave...but did see the 20th Anniversary Optimus for $100 at TRU........And Alternators Side Swipe......

Nor did we. Im not sure if Victoria did either. Oh well, no big loss as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't mind starting to see a few 2004 figures at my WalMart just to know they're getting them. Nothing yet.

Cool about the Optimus, if he's 100 at TRU maybe the other stores will be a little less??? One can only hope....

Well we finally "hit the big time" out here! WalMart finally had a few basic figures in, and they were new ones as opposed to the HOF repacks. 2 of each: R3PO, Hoth Rebel Soldier, Ach Med Beq and Kren Blista Vanee (Imperial Dignitary #2). It was all I could do to choke back the tears of happiness. I left them there hoping that someone else would pick them up - I have them all on order currently from Kebco. Might grab and extra Rebel Soldier if they're still there after Wednesday.

WalMart was actually looking pretty good - they had Transformers: Alternators Smoke Screen, some newer (Killer Croc Wave) Batman figures, Marvel Legends series 4 (old, but new to Canada) and the Armies of Middle Earth Fellowship 9 pack.

The only thing new at TRU was the McFarlane NBA Sportspicks 3" figures - 2 to a package for 8.99. Not my thing. Zellers has tons of older, cooler Masters of the Universe figures and apparently they're now all on sale. Might grab a few to open.

Took the fam. to TRU on the weekend...tryin to talk my wife into letting me get the 20th anniv. Optimus, any they were all sold out!!??!!

Didn't think they be that hot.....(20 in less than a week)....

I don' think my TRU is EVER going to get new stuff SW stuff anymore.

They have 5 pegs (5 PEGS!!!) of POTJ stuff (mostly Ellors and Shmi's) and another 10 pegs of early Saga stuff....., and 4 pegs of "flipping deluxe" figs....

HAVE A SALE!!!

Toys R Us is hopeless. I barely even glance at SW when I'm in there anymore, I'm so sure they'll have nothing interesting. My hope is that they'll jump on the OT Collection to go with the release of the DVDs, to give us one more option in shopping up here. Be nice if all 3 (Zellers, Wally and TRU) were on board with that stuff.

Odd find: 2003 Saga figures at Shopper's Drug Mart. Hoth Han (Blue), Mynock Chewie, R2 Factory Flight and that's about it. 9.99 per figure.