Page 52 of 152 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Re: Canadian Found and Not Found Master List

I'm on my way to Moncton to so some SW huntin'. I have a full report on my (hopefully) successful hunt upon my return.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I found nothing but Herman's military antiques from the Simpsons WOS. That's all I got.

Chin up, buddy. All in good time.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I just gor the VOTC Ben, Han and Leia at TRU in Saint John, NB. I also got the MOTU King Hiss and Rattlor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosskman
    I just gor the VOTC Ben, Han and Leia at TRU in Saint John, NB. I also got the MOTU King Hiss and Rattlor.
    I was at TRU in Kitchener yesterday...still nothing....

Guess I'll be stopping by on the way home tonight again.....

jj - I know, I know....stay on target....

Quote Originally Posted by Bosskman
    I just got the VOTC Ben, Han and Leia at TRU in Saint John, NB. I also got the MOTU King Hiss and Rattlor.
    Dam you Bosskman, you beat me to it, I picked up Han, Ben & Leia today as well, I put them on hold at the front, maybe you seen them when you bought yours. Anyways it was a good find & I can't wait for the rest of them.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Nothing here yet. I can't fully describe the feeling of anticipation I had making the rounds yesterday, I was absolutely sure I was getting something. Oh well, I guess all I can do is hold on a little longer. Damn, I want that VOTC Han SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the advise JJ - it paid off (finally)

Took an early lunch and went to TRU, and they had the VOTC in....and a whole wack of the last few Saga ones too...

Grabbed Han, Leia and Ben....OMG they look awesome... I'm SO happy now!!!

Didn't see too many of them though...only 3 pegs of VOTC...and 1 was already empty...

VOTC Overhyped?

I found the first VOTC figures today as well, bringing up the rear as usual. I hate to poop the bed, but I think in my mind the hype for these things caught up with me a little bit. I was underwhelmed by the following things:

- The silver accents on the packaging were really overstated, and distracted me from the vintage card therein, I really had to focus to see the coolness of the interior package

- Han's face wasn't the "work of art" I'd read it to be, and had seen pictures of; not sure where they differentiated, but the production face isn't as perfect as some pics I'd seen.

- Leia's "2 piece" outfit; why go half soft goods and half plastic? One way for the whole figure would have been much better in my opinion. Her face was beautiful though.

- Ben's hands were HUGE, looking way to big to grip the saber. Maybe someone who has him loose can comment on the figures ability to do this.

That being said, I passed on these. I know, I know... I can't believe it either. I was sure I'd want openers, but I think I'll be happy with my set from Kebco. I'll have to buy a Luke to complete my run, but these weren't Trilogo so it won't make any difference.

Re: VOTC Overhyped?

JJ, don't feel bad about not getting them. I think they're awesome figures but if I never found them here at home, I wouldn't have shelled out the big bucks to get them at home. They're cool but not necessary. (except Ben, I wanted him to sit in my landspeeder)