Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Yeah, good call on the dig up, friends.

Re-reading all of this has me in the mood for Day again, as well as checking out some of the newer recommendations that I've not seen yet.

Speaking of Romero, does Land of the Dead need to be added to the list? Cae?

What about Hostel?

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000
    Suspiria is coming out from Blue Underground in a few weeks. I might pick that one up. Maybe Inferno as well, before The Third Mother is released in the US.
    I'm gonna pass on the new Suspiria release as it is almost identical to the Limited Edition Anchor Bay release (3 disc). But either way, Suspiria is an amazing movie. I enjoyed Inferno. Can't wait to see The Third Mother.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Speaking of Romero, does Land of the Dead need to be added to the list?
    IMO, no. While I enjoyed Land it could have been much much better. Didn't care for the zombies in that one or Dennis Hopper's acting.

What about Hostel?
    Definitely not. Eli Roth is the Michael Bay of horror IMO. Hostel did nothing for me and I still consider Cabin Fever to be one of the most annoying horror films of all time.

I'm looking forward to Mother of Tears or The Third Mother, whatever they end up calling it here in the states. Suspiria is one of the all time greats. Inferno is decent but a flawed film.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I love Land, I thought it lived up to Day, Dawn, and Night so I put all 4 in a category together.

Big NO to Hostel as well as Cabin Fever or anything else Eli Roth has done...I just don't like either of those films.

The problem with Roth's movies (as well as the Saw movies to a lesser extent) is that while they really up the ante on gore, they're not really scary.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I'll agree about Hostel, I was just throwing it out there. That movie did have some pretty good and disgusting special effects though.

Feast was a fun movie, and stars Krista Allen who is just amazing. Slither was another really fun movie. Of course neither of these are really going to be considered amongst the "Best", but are fun gory films nonetheless and are closer to being best than worst.

Surely there are more titles that need mentioning, that have come out in the past 3 years, or is that it?

I actually hear Wrong Turn 2 is surprisingly decent, haven't seen it yet though.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

You know, even though it's campy, Planet Terror (from Grindhouse) is a great horror movie.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Adventures in Babysitting (except for the garage scene)
    Tommy, close your eyes.