Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by The 'Xir
    Like I said, It's been so long I don't remember half of it, was Creepshow the one with the scene where all the bugs and/or roaches were all crawling out of the sink? What was that? Actuallly maybe that was Fright Night! Wow, talk about campy!!!
    That one always makes me think of Howard Hughes LOL
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

...an old movie where a big black car (Cadillac?) driven by the Devil is causing havoc in a smalltown, maybe someone knows the title??
    The Car
    As always...........L

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    You are kidding about that, right?
    Jeez, you were a little rough on me there, don't you think?
    God forbid I switch around 1 and 2 after not seeing them for over a decade.

Well, I think Creepshow 2 is underrated. No it is not as good as 1 but with 3 stories instead of 5 there is less to choose from. Plus, 1 had a nice wrap around story with the voodoo doll while 2 gives us that lame animated venus flytrap story.

WAY too much animation in 2, for me that's the biggest downer. Yeah, I know, Creepshow is based on the old comics but this does not do it for me.

Anyway I just recently purchased both of these titles on DVD (5.50 and 9.99, respectively) so I'm in a Creepshow mood having just watched them these past two nights.

Hey, I think The Raft is a great story from 2. Any thoughts as to what the hell it's supposed to be, anyway? I remembered Old Wood'nhead (vaguely) and The Hitchhiker was familiar to me even though I forgot most of it. However, The Raft was like a totally new segment to me because I had no recollection of it.

My thought of the ooze was that it served an anti-pollution message.
    Humans have done some damage to the earth and now it's literally coming back to haunt them. Then of course after the last guy gets swallowed up whole, we pan right and see the No Swimming sign. Truly poetic.

I don't know if that was the meaning, if any, behind the segment but that's what I took from it.

You just don't go mixing up the Creepshows!

I always took the raft story as an anti-drug message. Kids smoking dope on their way to the lake, smoking dope on the raft, etc. Maybe throw in the pollution theory, too. Always the "bad" kids getting killed, though, isn't it? Right, Kevin Bacon? Remember when your character Jack lit up to smoke some of that in Friday the 13th?

Smoke dope and the monster will always get you.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

You just don't go mixing up the Creepshows!

I always took the raft story as an anti-drug message. Kids smoking dope on their way to the lake, smoking dope on the raft, etc. Maybe throw in the pollution theory, too. Always the "bad" kids getting killed, though, isn't it? Right, Kevin Bacon? Remember when your character Jack lit up to smoke some of that in Friday the 13th?

Smoke dope and the monster will always get you.
    Well, no-one's said it so I will "the book is much better than the film" heh heh. I'm not sure if Stephen King was referencing drugs at all in "The Raft" when he wrote it in the Skeleton Crew collection, but they certainly smoke some weed in the story, and he really plays up the psychedelic colours in the ooze slick which hypnotises them.

Actually, Skeleton Crew contains some fantastic short stories; "The Mist" being one of the best.

jeddah
    eVerlasTing

personal faves are:

se7en
    hellraiser 1 & 2
    the sixth sense
    angel heart
    dust devil

i saw the exorcist for the first time late last year (it has been banned for many years in the uk) and i wondered what all the fuss was about. i can see how it was probably very scarey and controversial in the seventies but i was just board. i have also seen both versions of the ring and can't see what the fuss about those is either.

Quote Originally Posted by arctangent
    i have also seen both versions of the ring and can't see what the fuss about those is either.
    I agree completely. I don't need my movies to be totally realistc but the premise for this film was so unbelievable that it fails to be scary.

I too loved Creepshow but part 2 wasn't really very good. The Raft story was cool but the other 2 weren't my bag. "Thanks for the ride lady"

Another movie that I would consider a personal favorite is 28 days later. I recently watched it again and was reminded of just how good this movie is. I highly recommend it especially if you're a fan of zombie-horror.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

For me, it's gotta be Cape Fear with Nick Nolte and Robert DeNiro. That's my worst nightmare.

Jaws is a close 2nd.

Hmm, I guess the scariest for me would be Fulci's 'Zombie'.. Fulci is an Italian director that made quite a few horror films in the 70's.. His films have a creepiness and grossness factor that still seem to affect me today.. Check it out, though beware, don't blame me if you get nightmares.
    If you love someone, set them free. - Sting
    You can't find peace, by avoiding life. - Virginia Woolf
    No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try! - Yoda

I always took the raft story as an anti-drug message. Kids smoking dope on their way to the lake, smoking dope on the raft, etc. Maybe throw in the pollution theory, too. Always the "bad" kids getting killed, though, isn't it? Smoke dope and the monster will always get you.
    Well, that part of it was pretty obvious.

I guess the twist here is that the "prude" of the group was actually the FIRST to die (when she usually survives the terror in other films ). Although, maybe that IS her blessing since she didn't have to live through more of the horror like the other kids did ?