Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Drive Carefully...please

if anybody remembers, I posted some pics of my cats some weeks ago, I had two
    now I only have one left
    this morning, my mom came into my room and told me something bad had happened
    last night, some jerk was driving too fast and ran over my cat, ronja
    she died because of the wounds
    I lay in bed about half an hour crying this morning and tears are already coming to my face again as I'm writing this

so please everybody, drive carefully, especially at night when it's dark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ronja.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	4082  
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

man, i'm sorry about your cat. i don't know what i'd do if my dog were killed by a car...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Sorry for your loss Maul. When I was six, my puppy Buster (a Beagle - only a few months old) was ran over by a woman in a red truck. She brought him up to the house in a black trashbag...
    Urban Exploration - It's a rush!

i've lost animals this way also, so i'm sorry for your loss, but the lesson i learned regarding this is that animals need to be contained indoors or on a leash. i know cats who live outside climb fences and can get into the street.

i've seen animals regulary run into the road and have even accidentally hit a few myself. the speed one is traveling rarely is the cause of the animals death. even if one is moving at 20 or 30 MPH, that animal is still no match for a 2000 pound vehicle.

again, i'm sorry for your loss, as i know what good friends pets can be, but the lesson here is to keep animals out of the street.

I ran over my dog last year, , who was 13 years old, because he was trying to be a young dog and could not move out of the way fast enough and was chasing my back tires.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I am very sorry your animal friend died, that is tragic.

Originally posted by derek
    i've lost animals this way also, so i'm sorry for your loss, but the lesson i learned regarding this is that animals need to be contained indoors or on a leash. i know cats who live outside climb fences and can get into the street.

i've seen animals regulary run into the road and have even accidentally hit a few myself. the speed one is traveling rarely is the cause of the animals death. even if one is moving at 20 or 30 MPH, that animal is still no match for a 2000 pound vehicle.

again, i'm sorry for your loss, as i know what good friends pets can be, but the lesson here is to keep animals out of the street.
    Absolutely true, I live in an area that is urban and at the same time very close to the woods and we see opossum and skunks run over by people who are going at safe speeds in school zones simply because the animals don't know how to respond to a car - cars aren't natural, animals respond to things by nature and their instincts really aren't made for our modern world. It's not usually irresponsible driving at fault, it's simply man's technology in general. I've lost too many friends and pets to that, so all my pets have been indoor pets.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

187-Maul, I am SO SORRY about you loss. It hurts so much when we lose a pet because they are like family to us. Your other cat will probably also miss ronja and will need some extra loving.

Our cat is a house cat because we have bears and foxes on the prowl
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

I have to agree with Derek and JT. I keep my dog indoors unless he is on a chain supervised, or on a leash.

I am very sad to hear of the loss of your pet. It's never easy to deal with.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

thanx all for the kind words
    the good thing about zorro (the other cat) is, that he never leaves the garden
    I don't know why, I guess he's just too afraid
    I really am giving him more attention r2

I'm really feeling a bit better now, thanx
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Sorry about your cat.

I've got a Kitten who stays out side, but he stays on the porch most of the time.