The Most Important Planet in the SW Universe.

No it's not Coruscant. Ironically, it's Tatooine! This will likely all come to fruition in Ep. III, when Tatooine becomes the only planet featured in all 6 episodes of the saga (while not appearing in ESB, it was mentioned). While in ANH, Luke basically considers his home planet to be insignificant inthe grand scheme of things, some of the most important events happen there.

1. Anakin Skywalker is found there as a slave.
    2. The major turning point of his transformation occurs on Tatooine when Shmi dies.
    3. Introduction of Darth Maul, the first sign that the Sith have returned.
    4. Luke Skywalker, the future savior of the galaxy, is hidden there.
    5. R2 and 3PO land there with the Death Star plans, thus bringing Luke to begin his journey towards destiny.
    6. The deaths of Owen and Beru Lars, allowing Luke to leave the planet and join the Rebellion.
    7. Han Solo and the Millenium Falcon are introduced there, two X-factors in the destruction of both Death Stars.
    8. The rescue of Han Solo, tied in with Luke's maturation as a Jedi.

If I've missed anything, please feel free to add to the list and/or post comments.

I agree, it is Tatooine. Perhaps in EP3 this is where Anakin & Obi-Wan duel which would sorta explain why Vader (ANH) didn't go to retrieve the DS plans himself.

Originally posted by mini-rock
    I agree, it is Tatooine. Perhaps in EP3 this is where Anakin & Obi-Wan duel which would sorta explain why Vader (ANH) didn't go to retrieve the DS plans himself.

Its a possibility, but remember that Vader is the Emperor's right hand man so basically, going down to Tatooine to hunt down two droids isn't exactly something that he personally needs to see to when he has officers that can do it. Plus, the Anakin and Obi-Wan duel has always been rumored to be fought in a cave over lava.

Now, Tatooine is also the birth place of Luke and Leia. And i know this is that the scene has already been filmed because when they were filmin the Tatooine scenes, they also filmed the birth scene for Ep III.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

I don't know, Vader seemed to want those plans pretty bad. Regardless whether it was 2 droids, or 2 Rodians, it was the DS plans he was after. I think there is another reason he didn't want to go down there considering he had no problem landing on Hoth, Bespin, and the forrest moon. Maybe because it's where his mother died and he doesn't want to remember the person he was.

thats a better idea, plus thats where his step-brother lives so that could also factor into it.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Interesting ideas.....it never dawned on me that Tatooine was the only planet in the OT that Vader never sets foot on. Too much history there - the Lars', his own childhood, the fact that Threepio is one of the two droids.......it's like the first signs that there was still good in him, that he couldn't do those jobs himself for personal reasons, so he had his troops do ALL the work for him.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Now that I think about it though, the only reason he did step foot on Hoth, Bespin, and the forrest moon was for Luke. He was after Luke for Hoth & Bespin, and the Emperor ordered him to go to the moon saying Luke would come to him.

I still feel there is a specific reason Vader doesn't step foot on Tatooine. Whether it be chidhood experiences he doesn't want to remember, his mother dying there, or something else we haven't seen that could possibly happen in EP3.