Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    That's a great idea! They are always showing that stinky Rocky Horror Picture Show crappola all the time. Why not start a cult phenom for Star Wars? People could come and dress up like their favorite characters and yell lines from the movie....or we could all sit absolutely still like grown-ups and just watch the GONK!ing film...RHPS just wormed its way onto my top ten pet peeves list...where'd that darn thread go? AHA! Here it is...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Somehow, I have a feeling we won't be seeing EP dressed as Dr. Frank N. Furter this halloween.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Somehow, I have a feeling we won't be seeing EP dressed as Dr. Frank N. Furter this halloween.
    God I hope not (LOL).
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I think AOTC will beat TPM in Ticket sales for sure... people will go to see Jango in Action and Padme wearing that Tight white suit What?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

thanks for all the replys so fast! i usually have to wait 3-5 days to get a reply...

no WAY!

even though i wish, i really doubt it will, i think a lot of the tv coverage as well as other media outlets will not hype it up as much since the first film was not as great as one would have expected. as for myself i am excited as much as any of the films buti know for the average person they will not be as excited because of the result of the ep1.

but well time will tell.

In my humble opinion, I believe that AOTC will beat TPM if it becomes an overall better movie than TPM. If the story is well written with plenty of action, then I can see it achieving success. I think or more hoping that the hype will really start picking up come monday. When a lot of them media other than the theaters can talk about AOTC. Besides, being in front of Monsters, inc. probably didnt hurt at all considering that both young and old are raving about the movie. So there it is...if the AOTC is an overall better movie than TPM then I think the crowd will be there!
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

I think that if AOTC is truly an incredible movie, it might get close to or tie TPM. The media did hype it a lot, and everyone did go see it. But I highly doubt it. IF AOTC is really really really good, theres an offset that E3 might beat TPM, if only for the fact that AOTC was good, and it is the last SW film to be made.

Then too, ticket prices are about one and a half times higher than they were in '99. So that too might change thinks a bit.

Another thing to look at too is not gross earnings but actual tickets sold. The movie that sold the most tickets in history was Gone with the Wind. It didn't make millions though because tickets only cost like 10 cents back then.

All in all, I don't think it will make more than TPM, although you never can tell. Plus, if they leave it in theatres for over a year and a half like they did with Titanic, you never know. Ill keep going to see it as long as its still playing.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

RRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Sorry I hate hearing about "that actually Gone with the wind would be number 1 but because of ticket prices being so low it isnt." That might be true but lets not forget that when GWTW was released there was all of what 2 other movies out during the summmer. Yeah no kid it sold a lot of tickets there wasnt anything else better to watch!!!
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

Yeah, but I think Star Wars is #2 in ticket sales, so I like that better than Titanic being #1 in BO receipts. I'd rather have SW beaten by GWTW rather than Titanic.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.