Question What's the status of the Star Wars Kubricks?

A few months back there was a story here about a couple of sets of Kubricks mini-figures based on Star Wars. One was a main character set the other an ESB bounty hunter set.

Soooo, what's the story? Any news on when they will be released or how much we can expect to pay for them? I can't even find the pictures anymore, they are not in the database.

I really am looking forward to these, I hope they haven't been cancelled.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

*points BigB to the front page*

http://209.197.117.27/databases/acti...w_article=2730

Dengar, IG-88, Boba Fett, Bossk, Zucukss, and 4-LOM.

These Japanese Exclusive figures will be available in February. They will retail for 780 yen (about $7.00 each). These are sold in a closed box so you don't know which figure you are getting, like trading cards. There may be some figures not announced and we won't know until people are finding them.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

And here is the link to the original story, that talks about the knockoffs and the actual sets.

http://209.197.117.27/databases/acti...w_article=2648

UPDATE:

- LUKE SKYWALKER with LIGHTSABER
    - PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA with cape
    - CHEWBACCA with BOWCASTER
    - R2-D2

This will be sold in a set entitled, "Star Wars Early Bird Certificate Package"

This set will be shipping in Japan only in January 2003 and retail for 3,800 yen (about $31.00).

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Doh!! That's what I get for ignoring the front page and coming straight to the forums.

Thanks Jar Jar!

These looks awesome! I want to get them all, but am not sure if I want to participate in the whole random package thing, sounds like a pain in the butt to do online. I'll just wait and order a complete set from somewhere.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

No problems, BigB. And I agree, they do look really nice, but I wonder how much they are gonna jack the prices up for us in the States to get them. I think the Bounty Hunters look alot better then the Early Bird Package though.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Fortunately I have connections in Japan. Actually my brother does, but I am not sure how aggravating it will be for his friend to go hunting these things down if they will be randomly packaged like that. Well, the guy sent my brother all three Kotobukiya statues for free, so it couldn't hurt to ask.