Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes Anyone?

Recipes Anyone?

As I was making Chicken Cordon Bleu tonight for dinner, I got to thinking that with the wide geographical range of the SSG membership, there might be some great new recipe ideas to share amongst ourselves. I do realize that we are mostly males, and it seems that most here are 30 or younger. Cooking or Baking experience in that demographic is traditionally low. But on the off chance that you do have a favorite regional dish to share, please post it here! Thanks! So, what's cookin'?

Please visit Hey, do you remember :happy: :
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...363#post181363

and

Droid Personalities:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...364#post181364

Mod Note: Changed Title and Post. See my post in this thread.
    DA
    Last edited by Dar' Argol; 09-30-2002 at 06:57 PM.

Finally, a thread from you with some real meat in it. Here's one of my favorites. I'll have to dig my notes up for more. Hey Stillakid, where is your Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe?

Burrito Pie:

Ingredients:
    2 pounds ground beef
    1 onion, chopped
    2 teaspoons minced garlic
    1 (2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
    1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers
    1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
    1 (16 ounce) jar taco sauce
    2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
    12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
    9 ounces shredded Colby cheese

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, and saute for 5 more minutes. Drain any excess fat, if desired. Mix in the olives, green chile peppers, tomatoes with green chile peppers, taco sauce and refried beans. Stir mixture thoroughly, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.

3. Spread a thin layer of the meat mixture in the bottom of a 4 quart casserole dish. Cover with a layer of tortillas followed by more meat mixture, then a layer of cheese. Repeat tortilla, meat, cheese pattern until all the tortillas are used, topping off with a layer of meat mixture and cheese.

4. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Evidence of a Pie is afoot...

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Finally, a thread from you with some real meat in it. Here's one of my favorites. I'll have to dig my notes up for more. Hey Stillakid, where is your Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe?

Since you don't like the burden of true discussion, I knew that this would be perfect for you! Plus, the added bonus for us of being able to actually follow your directions to see if it really is Burrito Pie. The proof, as they say, is in the pudding...or the pie in this case.

Oh, I love true discussion. I just don't like reading the same "facts" restated time and time again. Be sure not to post the same recipe over and over again Stillakid. Again, where is your Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Oh, I love true discussion. I just don't like reading the same "facts" restated time and time again. Be sure not to post the same recipe over and over again Stillakid.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    I've only ever reposted "factual" recipes when asked to by others, Mr. Jar Jar Sir. Please check the archives on that before any unnecessary sad faces show up in this happy place. Of course, you're always free to not re-read reposted recipes if you feel like you've already learned how to make the dish. If you do, you have only yourself to blame. Just food for thought.

You may prefer that bit of food for thought, but how about a little staying on topic for a cuisine? I'm still waiting for your Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe. Next up we have a nice soup, that is actually more of a stew depending how much meat you use.

Bean-Burger Soup/Stew:

Ingredients:
    1/2-1 Pound of Ground Beef (Ground Chuck Prefered)
    1 16-ounce can of Cut Green Beans
    1 16-ounce can of Stewed Tomatoes
    1 8-ounce can of Tomato Sauce
    1 envelope (1/2 cup) Onion Soup Mix
    1 teaspoon of sugar

1. I usually make this in the microwave in a cassarole dish, but you can do it on the stove in a kettle as well. First of all, fry your hamburger until brown and then drain off the excess fat. Drain your Green beans, but reserve the liquid.

2. Combine the juice from the can of green beans with water until you have 2 cups of liquid. Stir bean liquid mixture, green beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, soup mix, and sugar into drained beef in a kettle on the stove, or cassarole dish for the microwave.

3. Cook on the stove until flavors blend and it's is sufficiantly heated. In the microwave, cook it on medium high for about 18 minutes, stirring it 3 times during the cooking process. A really delicious stew, that will tempt your tummy.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Here is my favorite recipe.

Hamburger Dujour

Brown One Pound Ground Beef, drain.

Add Ground Beef, 2 cups water, package of cheese mix, and noodles. Stir until thoroughly mixed.

Let simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occassionally.

Let sit away from burner for 5 minutes.

Serve!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

You may prefer that bit of food for thought, but how about a little staying on topic for a cuisine? I'm still waiting for your Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe.
    Please read your own book before tossing that advice at others (ie post 4).

Unfortunately my recipes are on old fashioned cards. I'll need some time to properly type them up in the computer. But I have some of my favorites to offer in the next few days.

I wonder if someone is going to share a recipe for humble pie?
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Don't all of the frivolous threads go into the garbage heap Misc. Other forum where posts are not counted?