View Poll Results: Should Hasbro make a modern figure of Warok?

Voters
580. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would like to add him to my collection!

503 86.72%
  • No, I am not interested in seeing him.

29 5.00%
  • No, I do not want any more Ewoks!

46 7.93%
  • Sorry, I am only interested in Prequel Movie figures.

2 0.34%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well the silver DeathStarDroid is (good)news to me...and Chief Chirpa should come with his own wooden throne and pipe!
    Figures like Hoth soldier should come in a multipack or with another major character like General Riekkan. I know these multipacks can have weaker sculpts, but they would be good value for the kids and the collectors. Even though the black Security Guard loooks mighty sharp in his Bespin duds, he would look even finer with the greyhaired guard along side him, maybe with a carbonite block that lights up! Hey, these polls are for fantasizing aren't they? Klaatu...Hermi Odle...Viggriev(Elom).... Doallyn...2ndWeequay...Whiphid...mmmm...Yarna!....

I vote yes to all unmade characters, but no to slingshot firing gimmicks or bow shooting gimmicks. If i want my figures to perform an action I'll use my imagination thanks and do it for them I don't want to have figures saddled with bow dropping action or slingshot parkinsons spasm action. Just the figure, articulation and nice accessories thanks very much.

But definately a big yes to more Ewoks and Ewok accessories.

In addition to mother with woklings, I'd also like the little black Ewok that sits in the AT-ST with Chewie.
    Piett
    "Torontogosh! Master Luke inchimini doodoooooo..."

I want them to make that one that has that massive skull on his head. You know the one? Not Logray with the bird skull, or Teebo with the pig's head. He's never been done before, but he's very cool looking. Would make a great figure, he downplays the cute factor, with a big skull... on his head... Help me out here?
    Starcruiser... crash!

The guy with the big skull can be seen clearly when Leia comes out of the Ewok hut to see what's cooking *Han in this case...

He is very cool, in addition to all original 8 being done, I'd be satisfied with "Big Skull" and the Mama w. the Woklings in the basket. Maybe one more little older Wokling that can stand on its own, too - like the Tusken child.

The action features that are too apparent, like the new Mace, ruin the figures for the broadest market range, as collectors won't want it. If the action features can be disguised, I like them - i.e. Dooku.

I chose to do the unproduced polls in reverse release order - digging way back to things like the Silver Death Star Droid or Blue Snaggletooth last. Warok was a POTF coin figure, while Chief Chirpa will be the next Ewok polled for, he was also ROTJ.

It is not a question of whether there will be a resounding "yes" for these last 14 (now) figures. It serves 2 purposes:

a) it lets Hasbro know it's a yes, sort of as well as a petition would.

b) It eliminates any "no's". So far, we did Imperial Dignitary, Romba, General Madine, and then we did a HUMAN B-WING PILOT from Gold Group.

Hasbro might ask:

1) do they want a pilot without a ship? (it was an exclusive ship even - which came with its own pilot)

2) For how many people is it important to for the figure to be the identical representation of the vintage B-wing pilot? (it's a non-character after all)

3) Will people just buy it because it is a SW figure? Or could removeable helmet, gun in holster, other things turn a less interesting figure into something cool?

4) Isn't that Arvel Crynid guy close enough to satisfy them? (or do they know that wasn't Crynid - a blonde haired Green Group A-wing pilot, while the poll was for a helmeted, Gold Group (red uniform) HUMAN B-wing pilot (different helmet style all-together).

5) Is this something diorama builders would find useful? (another reason to buy it)

So the figure is controversial and the poll MIGHT be interesting. But enough people wanted it. The majority wins. If they want to gauge demand on it, then they will see it can sell. If YOU don't personally want it, don't buy it or stop being a completist.

To bring us back to this poll, the Ewoks Romba, Warok, and Lumat (not yet polled for) are all about as important as the Human B-wing pilot (though Ewok hating could play a factor). Those that want these figures want to demonstrate to Hasbro that it would be in their best interest to create and market these figures. Those that don't want them, don't care, should not either not vote and / or not buy the figure.

If you don't care, you can still choose the yes or no option.

Yes - you'll let others who really want the character to get support.

or No - you don't want to "have" to buy this one, or have it take up space in an assortment you wished contained more exciting things. But likely, all the movie stuff would get done anyway, and obscure Ewoks are more likely the ones people that want them have to worry about seeing them get produced, if at all.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Oh, I didn't realise that the polls were going in reverse release order. Thankyou for clearing that up.

But just to let you know, I'm likely to vote yes on anything! Is this more like an opportunity to exress HOW we'd like to see the figure done, should it be made?
    Starcruiser... crash!

When it comes to re-making Blue Snaggletooth, it will indeed.

I plan to offer a picture of several possibilities, because Blue Snaggletooth was actually a mistake because KENNER had a black-and-white of Zutton, and he was sitting, so they never knew how tall he was until Blue-Dude was in production. They released Blue with an exclusive Sears set (how I got my 4 guys) and then all of them, with a red, short Zutton, were available carded.

So, one choice will be a pic of the vintage Kenner - for an exact duplicate, only w. POTF2/POTJ/Saga line realism to a blue Zutton figure.

Another choice will be an Alien Bespin Guard. He was never scene in the movie, though an extra was costumed for the role. One false rumor said he was the reason Kenner goofed.

Another choice was a tall Snivvian (same species as Zutton) that may not have been a Snivvian. It wears a blue loose, and typically casual Cloud City citizen fatigues.

Accompanying it is another choice - a short, obviously Snivvian alien, also on Cloud City, also wearing blue.

They're all irrelevant background characters, but nice for diorama builders to add to populations, and also nice for carded collector guys to get some more variety and original sculpts. SW figures are like art. But how much "art of Obi-Wan Kenobi or Tatooine Luke" do you want? So a Blue Snaggletooth or some sort, or the 5th or 6th Jango Fett (in armor) figure? People can show how much they'd support the first choice in the poll.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Are these the two Aliens that you are talking about Tycho?

Another choice was a tall Snivvian (same species as Zutton) that may not have been a Snivvian. It wears a blue loose, and typically casual Cloud City citizen fatigues.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails treva horme.gif  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Here's the other one. I think this is likely the one that would get made if they were to make a "Blue Snaggletooth", because the other charecter says her species is Lutrillian.

Accompanying it is another choice - a short, obviously Snivvian alien, also on Cloud City, also wearing blue.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wiorkettle.gif  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yes, JarJar. And while it's feeding from the bottom of the barrel for Empire Strikes Back, I would like to see both of these figures made anyway.

I would vote for the character that actually IS a Snivvian to replace the original Kenner blue Snaggletooth. However, I'd hope for a head re-paint with the new sculpt, if not a new head altogether.

But I'd choose either of these over a strict height-change / repaint of Zutton as he is now on the POTJ card. - That's a great figure, but we don't need the similarities to be as close as they were back in 1979.

Thanks for posting those images, JarJar. I'll use them blended into the poll when I compose the graphic. Now I won't have to scan my SW Encyclopedia :happy: