View Poll Results: Should Hasbro add a modern version of General Madine to our collections?

Voters
813. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want him in my collection!

726 89.30%
  • No, I'm not interested in seeing him.

57 7.01%
  • I don't think so. Let's see figures from the prequels only for a while.

30 3.69%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Should Hasbro add a modern version of General Madine to our collections?

As promised, in a slowly continuing series of polls to examine whether our readers want all the vintage figures remade for the modern collection, this week we look at General Crix Madine.

Previously:

88% of our readers voted YES for a new action figure for Romba the Ewok.

and

93% of our readers voted YES for a new version of the Imperial Dignitary

There are about 15 figures at the most, which existed as Kenner Star Wars figures from the 1980's that Hasbro has not remade in an all new likeness of.

So should Hasbro add a modern version of General Madine to our collections?

Vote now, then let's talk about "why" or "why not?"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails general madine.jpg  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm hoping the rumors of him being produced this fourth quarter still come to pass. Like I have said before, a Rebel Officer appeared on early lists from Hasbro. The figure was originally associated with ANH, but the latest info I have seen says ROTJ. Only officer I can think that would be figure worthy from ROTJ is Madine.

Alot of things change, even after Hasbro sends out it's catalogs to retailers. I remember reading about Attack R2-D2 and C-3PO in a retailer catalog in 1996 or 1997, and about Ketwol in a retailer catalog in 1998 or 1999, but he didn't get produced until 2001. Hopefully Madine is still in the cards for November/December.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yes, I'd like a Madine for my collection!

If Hasbro doesn't make specific figures like Madine, I'd settle for generic Imperial and Rebel officers. We're getting plenty of troops but need a few more officers.

i dont c y every1 votid for the consept stormie lets stick with completeing all the origianals then move on to prequals
    Size matters not, do or do not there is no try - YODA

You know, there's 5 Rebel Officers that are pretty essential to the collection: Madine, Dadonna, Captain Antilles, Red Leader, and General Reikeen.

Hasbro could market these as carded figures, or they could do:

Cinema Scenes:

Base One: General Dadonna, Red Leader, (Garven Dreis) and a green R2 unit (or a red R5 unit). - Backdrop would be plans for the Death Star from the pilot briefing.

Echo Base: General Reikeen, Torynn Far (female Ion Cannon Control), Marjor Derlin (Cliff from Cheers). Backdrop would be the Ion Control, radar screens.

Home One: General Reikeen, black X-wing pilot (red squadron), Asian Y-wing pilot (Grey Leader). Backdrop would be plans to the Death Star II / Endor briefing.

Antilles could be carded. I'm not a big fan of "another Vader resculpt."

Deluxe Figures:

Dadonna would come with the "Death Star Approaching counsel."

Reikeen with a Hoth Radar counsel.

Madine could come with a large transparent Endor w/ shiled and Death Star model.

Since Astromech molds are cheap for them, Hasbro could just give Garven Dreis his astrodroid (think it was a red R5, then use that mold over to give R5-D4 fans their resculpt they want). They've made Anakin with a Geonosian and Mace with a Battle Droid. Although those pack-in figures have been less than stellar, they can't mess up an astromech unless they put a missle in him ; )

But let's first see if there's demand for General Reikeen!

You know what I'd say
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I could go either way with this one.

I don't create massive armies or 'ramas so I'm pretty neutral on making him.

It would be nice to see the old line re-done, but I'd rather have some newer/never made before figs produced 1st.

Put him in a cin. scene or something.

Madine as a figure

Madine, Dignitary, Cloud Car Pilot, heck - even some re-sculpts of the weak 1995-1996 steroid figures would be great.

However, you will NOT be getting your wish on the Madine figures my friends. (As far as my information goes) For those who weren't aware, the actor who played Madine did not give his permission (or something like that) to Kenner for his likeness. He demanded too much money, and Kenner refused. Consequently, Kenner ceased making the General Madine figure. The US release of General Madine had already taken place, although you don't see him on too many later cardbacks. Evidence of this is the Tri-logo General Madine. The tri-logos were released later than their US counterparts, and the cease in production resulted in a scarcity of this figure on Tri-logo cards. Hence, the General Madine Tri-logo is the RAREST of all tri-logo figures - with only several known copies in existance.

As an aside, it would be great if Hasbro would concentrate on the things that (those who spent all the money) want to see.

They should stop wasting their time (and ours) on Expanded Universe, Conceptual Art figures, and other crap that doesn't exist on film. Similarly, get rid of the "action features" that make the new AOTC figures HORRIBLE for display purposes. Wake up Hasbro - the collectors spend the dough - not the kids.

What was wrong with the style that has worked with the 1998-2001 POTF2/POTJ and other previous lines. It seemed to get better and better. Now, however, it seems as though Hasbro is trying to sell on a "gimmick factor", instead of pure style.

Sell a better product, and the volume will follow. Do you realize how many beautiful costumes for characters could still be made in figure form? The handmaidens from episode I and II might not sound too exciting, but they would be beautiful figures. (Just an example.) Remake the Gargan - a character that had more face time than several of the figures that have already been made. These "fan choice" polls are a joke - if it's so close (like this most recent time), make them both - I promise that they will both sell!

Also, stop making 40 remakes of the same character - do we need yet another Han Solo in the same outfit? Han is the man, don't get me wrong, but if you want to resculpt him, try the Hoth outfit!

Anyway, I realize that I am wasting my time, because they don't read this stuff, and they certainly wouldn't care anyway.

Originally posted by Yoda'sMaster
    i dont c y every1 votid for the consept stormie lets stick with completeing all the origianals then move on to prequals
    I can't agree with that idea. The prequels are hot right now, and there are alot of figures from E1, and even more from E2 that need done, before we go back to doing full OT figures. If you mean finish off redoing all the vintage line first, then maybe I would agree. I still want my Imperial Dignitary and Leia: Bespin Gown.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Let's see:

ANH

1) SILVER Death Star Droid
    2) BLUE Snaggletoothe (technically an error, so make a Cloud City Snivvian)

ESB

3) Bespin Gown Leia (for those not satisfied with the Leia 11) Collection one).
    4) Black Bespin Security Guard
    5) Cloud Car Pilot (2 put in as pack-ins with an actual Cloud Car would work).
    6) Hoth Rebel Soldier (non-infantry, for those not satisfied with the acc pack one).

ROTJ

7) Woof (green Nikto originally packaged as "Klaatu")
    8) Lumat (Ewok archer)
    9) General Madine (current poll)
    10) Paploo (for those not satisfied with the Scoutwalker pack-in)
    11) Chief Chirpa (Ewok leader)
    12) B-wing Pilot (white male, human, Red Squadron)

Power of the Force

13) Imperial Dignitary (polled for)
    14) Romba - Ewok (polled for)
    15) Warrok - Ewok archer

I'm a fan of the cinema scenes. I have them all, and I'd like to see more made.

Maybe the new deluxe cantina sets that Wal Mart's gonna carry later this year is a way for us to get a Madine with briefing equipment.