Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why are 12" sleeves so short?

Why are the sleeves on these figures always so short? You put them in any position other than standing at attention and it looks like their shirts just went through the dryer. What's the deal? Personally, I'd rather have longer sleeves no matter what.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's to prevent the smuggling of Sabaac cards into the game. My Episode 1 figures are no longer allowed at my table! Too much trouble with the locals!

Glad it's not just me. I was convinced that my 12" Tarkin wa a ltd edition t-shirt variety
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

It's because that .0000000001 cent that the extra fabric would
    cost each figure would most likely BREAK Hasbro into bankrupcy!
    = D

*SS*

Hee hee!

So no real reasons? I'm sick of looking at figures' wrists all the time.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Are their sleeves to short, or their arms to long? That is the question that has baffled men for years.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

jeditricks,

are you referring to count dooku, or all star wars figures in general, or just those you swapped the bodies on?

i think dooku's uniform was made for a HOF body, then switched without making the adaptions for the longer armed GI Joe body.

All of 'em, even in the Joe line too.

All of 'em, even in the Joe line too
    all the GI Joes with long sleeves have been plenty long. the only figure that had really, really short sleeves is the tarkin figure. those sleeves are even too short on the HOF body.

as for the star wars 12 inch line, i think the clothes fit fine on the HOF bodies they were tailored for, it's just that the bodies are horrible. i'll take too short sleeves over a crappy body any day.
    but there is no excuse for dooku's sleeves being too short. hopefully the new imperial officer will have longer sleeves so i can give tarkin a new uniform.

here's a photo of a newer GI Joe with a long sleeved GI Joe shirt:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	longsleeves.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	4114  

The problem with the short sleeves is actually rooted in the design of the Action Man body used for these figures. Action Man's arms are so bulky that they cause the bunching up of the sleeves on the arm. And his arms are actually too short for his body anyway. Action Man just stinks, plain and simple. I wish Hasbro would switch to using a GI Joe body for all their 12" figures.