Page 21 of 107 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Hey you Coloradians, StarCon Post!

Hey you Colorado Patrons, i am posting in the highly visited forums by Coloradians, and i see most of you are hare, SO, I am here to tell you who are going to StarFest on the 19th-21st, Me, Jayspawn, Vulcantouch, and I are going to meet up on the 19th (Friday) at 5:00pm so we dont miss the dealer room. So just post here, or Email ME and hope to see you there!
    "I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me"-Area man

Lightbulb con rendez countdown, pkg prelaunch cheklist & huntreport

i didn't realize that local trekcon is This friday, not Next so, in addition to jayspawn, mrhat & our other on-the-ball colossgers:
    haggie: hope to see you there- unlike our tc fs rendez last month
    dee2: been awful quiet, you on vacation? hope2 c u there
    ar2: hope to see you there, & Not just cuz i'll be bringin your mm figures & we can finally do the trade btw, scalper (see below) had 2 mm stormies, 1 w/rifle, 1 on dewback; lmk if want, i'll keep eye out for more meanwhile i sighted a $15 vintage dc ywing for $15, appears to be in good shape, email me & i'll inform you of location (if you notify me quick enough, i'll pick up for you in time for con rendez)
    ws: have fun in montana
    i'm preppin to mail off pkgs to Several of you, i'm just waitin cuz ltb's payment still hasn't arrived, even tho he sez he sent over a week ago after checking details for your pkgs, be sure to Read Huntreport below, cuz you may wish additional, last-minute enclosures anyhoo, current details for each as follows:

gsj's contents: gratis used mm paris double cd

ltb's contents: mip potj bespguard
    mip potj bugs bunny luke
    2x mip potj han
    coupla xtra free thingies

jg: still waiting to trade w/ar2 for your firing mtt etc. meanwhile, pkg contents as follows:
    han mm fig from 3po transheadset
    af cc pilot

dc: loose mint hallmark control ship "mm", w/standhole successfully drilled into its underside without a hitch i checked w/b'jr & i'm afraid he declined to trade you his coupla xtra epic4-6 mm ships i can probably get him to part w/some epic4-6 mm Figures if you want, lmk if interested meanwhile, keep me updated on status of extra repcruiser & any other mm ships available for trade (also ep1 7-9 pkging if you've retained ).

bc3: not surprisingly, i didn't get your stuff out in time for it to meet you in nc oh well, guess i'll have2 pay xtra postage to send straight to you, serves me right eh contents, all mint loose:
    reliant w/"mint loose" nacelle
    alpha atat
    alpha snowsp
    alpha tyderium
    alpha xwing
    alpha-sized applause cloud city VarianT
    mm-sized hothmodel ywing VarianT
    potf 4lom w/commtech stormie rifle
    plus a coupla xtra tings for patience

jdah: deftly-arranged contents as follows:
    12"-size o-o-p r5d4 ($13 w/tax)
    voy mm (joint effort of gsj & b'jr; btw, since bc3 recently sent you more stmms, lmk how many xtra mm stands you could use & i'll enclose, b'jr can spare a few )
    bluefly.com basiball cap
    timminator's mixtape, which you'll plz listen to before promptly forwarding to him
    af ewing (courtesy gsj, right?)
    mega action droideka courtesy dee2
    aussiebraid/holoqueenship mm
    defiant model
    bp16 (courtesy gsj? swaffy? like I'M gonna remember after all this time )
    k-b excl. trophy maul fig
    reb pilots cinema scene
    2x r2q5 (you want Two, right? plz verify)
    k3po
    theed invasion queen
    potj gung warrior
    mas amedda
    r2/hoeia (courtesy lbc? s43? i Always get you 2 guys mixed up )
    corusgaurd
    sabé the babé
    security bdroid
    boomer bdroid
    porkins
    tusken sniper
    nearly every topps sw trading card ca. 78-83
    stupid lil xtras only you would luv, such as alliyah & destiny chiyul us mag printads etc ;P

jt: finally got around to delvin into deep storage & was able to find you 108 2x1 black lego plates- lmk if you think that'll square up what i owe ya also found some More print media ( ) you might want (attn gsj, ltb, jdah etc: jt gets first crack at these, but any he don't want the restayou may claim) don't axe me Where some of this junk came from, all i know's it's in my possession now- but not for long
    jun 83 geo magazine cover w/3po headshot
    jan 97 newsweek se article
    feb 93 omni magazine ds9 cover story
    complete sept 94 scifi universe issue (tng season 7 wrapup, scruffy riker on cover shouting "i can't believe it's Over!"
    starlog reb tech journal & imp tech journal, both w/front covers missing (?)
    starlog tng mags issues #1, 2 and 8
    theater programs for trek 3 and 4
    jan 95 and mar, may, jul & nov 94 issues of Science Fiction Age magazine (i think they was a gift subscription from a friend )
    fall 94 sw galaxy magazine, minus a few pgs
    sw insider #25 (minus a few pgs? )
    dark horse sw comix clippings, mostly Droids (?)
    xmen t-shirt ironon transfer

hunt report
    sighted: mip k3po, $4; anyone wants, lmk
    last night, i went thru the inventory of a scalper who's liquidatin cuz he's in a tight spot (boo hoo ) among other things (books, larger figures etc), said scalper has, all mint o-o-p:
    mm ships, $1 each (not many, mostly sw; also had 2-3 dozen mm stands, didn't someone here need some?)
    sw figs 2/$5 (incl. obiwan spirits, bomaars, oola, atatdrivers, pote, non-mint vintage cc pilot, holosidious w/out base etc)
    trek figs, 2/$7 incl. leeta, ilia, 7of9, hugh, locutus etc
    sw/trek figure accessories (guns etc) 3/$1
    didn't finish lookin thru everythin, so b'jr & i plan on goin back on way to con friday afternoon so post here if there's anything you want me to snag when i go back meanwhile, here's what i already snagged:
    5 figures for $8 (an error on scalper's part, one i wasn't eager to bring up ): lyn me (aka yummy jabbadancer 3-pak twilek babe ), eu spacetrooper, atat commander, r2b1 w/out commchip, tc14 w/out commchip or tray; i'll entertain inquiries re the last four, otherwise i'm usin em for trade bait at the con ) as for lyn me, forget it, she's 4me
    $1 mms, all for b'jr: PASTEUR, KLAESTRON, vorcha, 2x d7, 3x ferengi, 2x borg, kbop, galor, ds9 & the interrogator droid from 12" tarkin figure (which we considered an mm for this purchase )
    3/$1accessories: saelt marae's fancy staff (givin it to my boussh), fancy skiffguard staff (nikto's?), snowtrooper backpack (hmm, should i give to commtech sotrmie or atatdriver??), holsterable han pistol (givin it to duros), arne darvin (cinema scene rebel pilot) helmet, oom9 binocs & back-antennae (givin both to my new pitdroid since they're same color), luke binocs (from floppyhat luke? ), original fettpack (makes a cool mm; any takers? ), two mini-t16s from commtech luke (1 for b'jr, one for one of You? ), a heat-warped r2b1 power harness (not in perfect shape but since you recently mentioned these i assume you'd still want, jdah? ), se sandtrooper's hoverdroid & senate cam droid (both of which, i presume, if i decide i don't want, bc3 will be happy to take offa me? )
    so post yer detailed wantlists asap (specify min acceptable condition & max acceptable price) & i'll do me best come friday, at both the con and in scalper's stash
    vt
    np: spoons, "nova heart"
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 04-17-2002 at 09:29 AM.

Wow, that's awesome, thanks VT!!!

As for the print, how about:
    - starlog reb tech journal & imp tech journal, both w/front covers missing (?)
    - theater programs for trek 3 and 4
    - sw insider #25 (minus a few pgs? )

Not the largest list, but I have less free time to enjoy stuff like this these days. Thanks again!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

hee hee, fun stuff coming

Rolll VT;

1) lmk how many xtra mm stands you could use & i'll enclose, b'jr can spare a few

2) bluefly.com basiball cap

3) timminator's mixtape, which you'll plz listen to before promptly forwarding to him

4) 2x r2q5 (you want Two, right? plz verify)

5) theed invasion queen

6) stupid lil xtras only you would luv, such as alliyah & destiny chiyul

Cue jeddah

1) Well, at present, I have a Botany Bay, Surak, Kazon fighter and BritCs Harrier class sans floatees

2) why come the ?

3) still no way of playing audio tapes yet

4) I don't remember ever owning 2 droids before . ...any chance you could use one of these at Star con as bait trade fodder...?

5)

6) ahem! ex-cuh-yoooooz me! (oh and it's 2 "a"s, 1 "l" )

Many thanks to you for your efforts and to GSJ and Swaffy, R2, B'jr and LBC/S43.

jeddah

VT, I'm lookin' fer a TRU Classic Duels twin-pack AF w/X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter in an unopened box of acceptable condition to display.
    My budget for it is about $20, and I'm willing to go a few buckaroos higher, if necessary. I'll be amazed if you see one. I've seen nuttin' on eBay in the way of Classic Duels sets lately.

I have the same set with the TIE Fighter side of the box opened, and the TIE replaced into the box, if anyone needs it.

I also would like opener AFs of all the ones I do not already have opened. I can re-post a list here, or you can refer to my collection checklist right here. If you want a list posted to this thread, lemme know. Also lemme know if you need the deniro up front.

What, no mixtape for moi?
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Wink need deniro up front? whaddya i look like, Analyze Dat?

but yes, it Is easier if you list all u seek here swaffy, as them spreadsheets don't print up as neat, & anyway lookin at em makes my brain hurt
    whaddya mean?? you already got Yer mixtape, right after jdah's ('99) and before gsj's ('01) see, cuz my mixtapes are such time-intensive Custom Masterpieces, i'm only been able to turn out one a year, so now that it's '02 timmer (from the fsmmb) will finally get his, eight Months ( ) after sendin Me a supercool cdrmix (2b reviewed in upcoming mmixtape thred)
    of course, if you're That hungry for more vtmixes, you can always try persuadin jdah, gsj & timmer to send you Dubs of the ones i made for Them :happy:

ltb: "might be interested in some stands, a couple B'Omarr and a Spirit Ben you found in that scalper's stash. Are the B'Omarrs and Obi's in their mailer boxes or are they loose?"
    -yup, all are loose

"As for the MO, if you don't get it by this weekend let me know, I'll check out filling in a lost MO report and get another sent off.
    If you need any proof that I did get the money order and aren't just playing with ya"
    -no worries, i ain't suspicious- Yet frussy-face was just on behalf of you & everyone else here, who'll have to Wait cuz i'm too lazy to hit the postoffice till i'm ready to mail All yer pkgs

jt: hadda feeling you'd want progs (trek3's multipage, trek4's just a folder btw.) but are you Sure about reb & imp tech journals? didn't i send one of each last time, & re Them you said "oops i already had em & didn't realize"??
    no need to get Too excited about 108 plates btw, cuz 108 ain't That many, it's only a Fistful (cue morricone eastwood theme )

jdah: "I have a Botany Bay, Surak, Kazon fighter and BritCs Harrier"
    -ok then, if my countin skills remain sharp that means you need 4 more stands (five, counting the coming voy)

"any chance you could use one of these at Star con as bait trade fodder"
    -sounds like 2nd q5 is unwanted, roger dat

"still no way of playing audio tapes yet"
    -ok for now, but Not when it arrives

"oh and it's 2 'a's, 1 'l'"
    -oh like i Give a double rat's AZZZ ;P

"why come the ?"
    -see "music you loathe" thred
    anyone else? better post by friday morning if you want in
    vt
    np: robert plant, "ship of fools"

VT, this is a wish list of everything I'd like to eventually fill-in in my collection. I don't expect you to hunt/buy/schlep all this stuff. Anything you happen to see, and are willing to h/b/s, I'd be Very graTeful.

OPENERS (box/card condition unimportant) [max. pay]:
    A-Wing - green squadron color (no logo) [$15]
    E-Wing [$15]
    Jabba's Sail Barge [$15]
    Luke's X-Wing Dagobah ToyFare exclusive [$15]
    Millennium Falcon (if we KNEW for sure Hasblo was re-issuing these, I'd not be concerned about getting one now) [$10]
    Rancor [$10]
    Virago [$15]
    Battle Packs 12-18 [$4 each]
    (EP1)
    Preview Set - Gian Speeder/Theed Palace [$5]
    Anakin's Pod Racer [$5]
    Flash Speeder [$5]
    Mars Guo's Pod Racer [$5]
    Royal Starship [$10]
    Sith Infiltrator [$10]
    Trade Fed. Droid Control Ship [$10]
    Trade Fed. Droid Fighter [$5]
    Trade Fed. Tank [$5]
    Mini-Scenes 5-8 [$5 each]

BOXED (displayable box condition) [max. pay]:
    AT-AT Remote Control JC Penny's special [$20]
    Classic Duels - TIE Fighter/Luke's X-Wing [$15]
    MM Epic Collection "book" sets 4-6 [$8 each]
    MM C3P0 Head playset [$8]
    MM Chewbacca Head playset [$8]
    (Starship Troopers)
    Drop Ship (NOT remote control) [$15]
    Remote Control TAC FIghter [$15]
    SST Battle Packs 1,3,5 (bad card condition is OK) [$10 each]
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Re: need deniro up front? whaddya i look like, Analyze Dat?

Originally posted by vulcantouch
    "As for the MO, if you don't get it by this weekend let me know, I'll check out filling in a lost MO report and get another sent off.
    If you need any proof that I did get the money order and aren't just playing with ya"
    -no worries, i ain't suspicious- Yet frussy-face was just on behalf of you & everyone else here, who'll have to Wait cuz i'm too lazy to hit the postoffice till i'm ready to mail All yer pkgs
    I got the money order back today in the mail, evidently they couldn't read a part of it and so couldn't deliver it, I'll be shipping it back out later today or tomorrow.

Sorry about the hold up...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Wink swaffy: "I don't expect you to"

-well of course you don't, cuz those kinda xpectations are for saps, right?
    ltb: might as well wait til after con before sending $$, in case add'l finds are added to your bill
    jdah: did you see passage above about r2b1 power harness?
    ok then, deadline's passed, no more requests! i May stop back at con on sunday but not the scalper's, so i guess y'all've had yer chance for now anyhoo, now's as good a time as any to post my final spring season hunt report:
    bad news about Real Blonde soundtrack swaffy, it doesn't include my fave cue (jazzy vibraphone sidewalk theme) but good news about towa tei's Last Century Modern is that title track is an accordian/string pluck waltz very reminiscent of the unreleased Clockwatchers music anyhoo, i bagged a few more used cds:
    $2: 2-disc "everybody dance" comp, w/remixes of 70s disco hits (chic, sistah sledge etc ) by maw & other 90s remixers
    $2.50: Bounce score (haven't seen and am in No hurry to see this lame-sounding romcom, and lame romcom soundtracks are usually lame themselves, but music's by mychael danna so at this price i took a chance )
    4/$1: incognito's Positivity, robin s' From Now On, jimmy (bronski beat vocalist) somerville's Read My Lips and a 2nd copy of vanessa daou's Zipless which i'll give to some pal
    used books: $12 voyager Endgame final ep novelization for $4, $20 Ebay For Dummies for $.50, $60 hc Art Of The Matrix for $4.50 (but recently re-watched flik and was annoyed to see production drawings in the behind-the-scenes that the book doesn't have ), and best of all, a supercool, $30 art theory & crit anthology edited by a former prof of mine, & which i been waitin to score cheap (in this case, $4.50) for eight Years ironically, as link above indicates, a 2nd edition was just released last month
    also 2 more walkmans for me ($3 total) and an o-o-p commtech droideka for b'jr, $4
    vt
    np: zombies, "time of the season"
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 04-19-2002 at 01:12 PM.

Good to be back everyone Have been offline for the last 2 months and only got back on this evening.

I'm planning on making the "Fest" tomorrow (Sat) so will most likely miss you VT..... and the others planning on going, since I don't know what you look like

VT, will have to plan another VTeatime soon
    Hope all you guys are well!!!!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn