Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Gi Joe? Whats up with the paint jobs???

I've bought several 2 packs of the Joes and I've noticed I have 2 of alot of the figures(exactly same scultps) with different paint jobs. Whats up with that??? Scarlett, Zartan, Sgt. Stalker, and another one I cant think of who it was right off hand. All they are doing is changing the paint scheme...hummm. Also I just found the Blowtorch/Cobra Snow Serpent (VERY COOL!!!) Beach Head/Dr Mindbender (WHOA!!!!) and Flint/Baroness (could have done better with Baroness) If you havent seen the Snow Serpent your missing out...so far it is my #1 fav.

Check out the pics of Scarlett I posted to see what I'm talking about. Most of the paint is MUCH different then this example.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scarlett1.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	4108  
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Second Scarlett paint pic..

Sorry I couldnt get both pics on the same thread..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scarlett2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	4109  

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

I believe some of the characters, such as Scarlett and Stalker, are packed with more than one villain, and the repaints are to make the figure at least a little different in case you have the other one too.
    My name is Oobie Doob Badoobie.
    What's your middle name?
    Scooby Dooby.
    Oobie Doob Scooby Dooby Badoobie?

They should have made other figures....but wait...they cant be true because they made double paint varations of some of the villians too. Hasbro needs to get a clue.

This is a classic Hasbro move, and sometimes it works - but Hasbro abuses it like a $5 donkey. Why resculpt when you can just change the paint app? Oh yeah, so your customers don't get sick of the same figure over and over and abandon the line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A $5 donkey???? LMAO never heard that one before. As quess as long as we keep buying the paint variations they will continue to use this technique.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    This is a classic Hasbro move, and sometimes it works - but Hasbro abuses it like a $5 donkey. Why resculpt when you can just change the paint app? Oh yeah, so your customers don't get sick of the same figure over and over and abandon the line.
    Yeah, it was called Batman.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Originally posted by LTBasker

Yeah, it was called Batman.

Ooh! Maybe they'll get the Joe license taken away, too!

Oh wait.

They own that one...

Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Imagine for one second Palisades-style GI Joes. With the look of the Micronauts, they would be near perfect. And I get the feeling that the guys/gals in charge over there care about "cool" - ie NO PURPLE HIGHLIGHTS ON THE DARNED NINJAS FOR CRIKEY!!!!!!

That there was a minirant. Sorry.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Has anyone else seen the two Snake Eyes paint variation???? Just found both..one is black the other purple and grey. Both come with the same Cobra Commander (Resculpt with rubber band and snake staff)