Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Duel of the Fates

I was watching Episode 1 Commentary and noticed when they are discussing Duel of the Fates.. George said it would play onto Episode 3.

Any speculation?I was thinking the chanting had something to do with a Anakin/Obi fight,sort of setting a tone that he is really making the transition to Sith.I havent heard much about this...anyone else?
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

personally I really hated the use of duel of the fates in AOTC...I felt it cheapened the great way the piece was used in ep 1...

I don't think it was cheapened, but I do think it could've been used for a different scene. I'm also curious where & how this will be used in EP3. Maybe when (and if) Anakin faces Dooku?

Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
    more likely when he faces Obi Wan.
    you know, i think maybe duel of the fates would be best for like the destruction of the jedi or maybe wen dooku is killed because i think the best type of music to be played wen anakin and obi-wan fight is the same kind of music that played wen luke and vader fought on the death star
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Personally, I think a good musical cue for the Anakin v. Obi-Wan duel is a musical clash of the Imperial March (Vader's theme) and the Force theme (Kenobi's theme) with Duel of the Fates in the background (Jedi v. Sith theme). Maybe that will sound too hectic and not work out but thematically it makes sense.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I'm sure the Imperial March will be thrown in somewhere during the Anakin/Vader vs. Obi scene.

I dont think Duel of the Fates cheapened TPM,Jar Jar did but not Duel of the Fates.It was a pretty cool song IMHO.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

It could be used when Palpatine reveals himself to be Sidious. I can imagine it starting when Sidous takes down his hood.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
    I'm sure the Imperial March will be thrown in somewhere during the Anakin/Vader vs. Obi scene.

I dont think Duel of the Fates cheapened TPM,Jar Jar did but not Duel of the Fates.It was a pretty cool song IMHO.
    Understand that I felt it's liberal use in aotc cheapened the effect it had in tpm during a crucial moment in the film....

I love the piece...I just thought using it to see anakin on a speederbike lessened the power it had during the "duel of the fates" sequence in tpm.