Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pasta Roni...for Dummies?

I was making dinner the other night and came across something just a bit disturbing in the kitchen. No, not last week’s leftovers, though that reminds me of something I have to do. I was in a bit of a hurry, as my son’s after school soccer practice tends to eat up an evening, so I cracked open one of those boxes of Pasta Roni. As it was bubbling in the pot, I glanced again at the directions.

There, about half way down the back was a list of instructions that said the following:

To prepare two boxes:
    Follow Range Top Directions, except prepare two boxes of PASTA RONI Shells & White Cheddar in a 3-quart saucepan with 4 cups water, 1 1/3 cups milk and 4 tablespoons margarine or butter.

I looked back up at the top of the box and saw that the two-box instructions were, get this, exactly twice that of the single box.

Now, my heart goes out to those people who have difficulty with some subjects. I, myself, had a horrible time with Geometry back in the day, so I’m willing to cut a little slack when the situation calls for it. However, wouldn’t it just naturally follow that in order to make twice the amount of noodles above, you would double the recipe?

Which leads me to wonder a bit about myself? Are my expectations set too high for mankind? Everyday, it seems, I run into or hear or read something else that lowers the bar just a bit more. Is it really necessary to do the simple math on the box itself or has intelligence and common sense sunk so low that even the most obvious things in life…well, aren’t?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pasta roni.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	253.3 KB 
ID:	4112  

Re: Pasta Roni...for Dummies?

Originally posted by stillakid
    Are my expectations set too high for mankind?
    yes. yes they are...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

I think you take life, and yourself, way too seriously. Just my opinion. I really think you need to take a step back & relax a bit.

I will agree that there are some stupid people out there, and I wonder how some of these people get through life, but I don't dwell on it. There's nothing you can do, and coming from someone who has kids too, life can be stressful enough without that extra BS.

Mini-rock, I am not sure you appreciate the sarcasm that Stillakid is displaying. He is trying to prove a broader point- that real discussion cannot happen on these boards. He resurrected an old argument about prequels screwing up the story arc, got in a tiresome fight with JJB and Caesar, and was admonished by the Mods. These silly topics are his revenge on the SSG community, I suppose- I leave it to you to decide whether or not he is justified.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

How perverse! I'll be honest, though and suggest that yes you do expect too much from mankind if current trends are to be noted, and secondly, the law of supply and demand.

The Late Christopher Bean said it best in his stupid people = dumbing down quote.

jeddah
    eVerlasTing

Does that work for Kraft Dinner as well?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Originally posted by jjreason
    Does that work for Kraft Dinner as well?
    no. no it doesn't...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

The smart people buy fresh pasta or make it themselves. The smart people also know that there is no such thing as a single person portion of pasta just 'some' which is a non quantity but almost equal to 'enough'.

Im a failure! I can't make it worth beans. I do like nice fresh spinach or whole wheat pasta best. Barely needs to go in the water at all.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I love Pasta Roni.

What is good is making it, and then adding a coupel of cans of Tuna to it. MMmmmmmMMMMmmmm good!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"