Master Replicas Anakin F/X Lightsaber review

first of all, let me start by saying that I've been a fan of props and toys for a loooooooong time. Second, and as you can probably tell since I'm on here, I'm definantly one with the kid in me. With that said, here's my review.

Well there I was at work doing the whole day shift (12 hours). And the whole time I was wondering when mother would drive up with a package for me. 11 1/2 hours later it came, though I was bogged down with customers. So half an hour later, I finally got to open it.
    WOW. Now I've owned four masterfully made, beautiful lightsaber replicas, one of which was an anakin saber based upon early designs. The other anakin saber I have is the kenner one. Both of these are quite large, whereas the REAL one was on the small side. This one is just a little bigger lengthwise then my old metal one, and is about the same length as the Hasbro one, but not NEARLY as fat. At least not in my hands.
    A lot of the reviews I've read from a replica prop board I regularly frequent say that it feels like plastic. It doesnt. Not to me at least. It feels hard, and has that distinct cold feel that only metal has. Other people have had trouble opening it up and putting the batteries in. I had no trouble at all.
    Now, I could review this as one of two things: A prop replica, or a toy. But the fact of the matter is, this really is like a bridge between the gap that seperates props from toys, and therefore I'll review it as both.
    As a prop, it's out of proportion; it's too long and too big. But if you've never held a more accurate version then you really wouldn't know. It also has an annoying visible hex-head screw at one place (the back of the shroud). Though considering how it's constructed, it is kind of neccessary for it to be where it is. The grips are a little small as well, though I'm not quite sure what the accurate size would be. The pommel isn't accurate of course, since it's actually a speaker. It blends in relatively nicely though. It's not too heavy. It's basically the same weight as the hasbro one, just a LITTLE heavier.
    now, as a toy..... oh boy, as a toy... Well I first played with it at work (kinda small space), so I couldn't swing it around very much. Then I used it a little in the parking lot, but I didn't really get into it and do a lot of moves as to not look like a lunatic.
    But when I got home in the dark of the yard- THEN the fun really began. As I swung it over my head, jump-slashing, spinning, thrusting, behind my back, I felt the force flowing through me. For those few minutes, I WAS a jedi. the sounds integrated perfectly into my movements, the light flashed by my face, illuminating the world around me; I wasn't in my yard, I was on a forest planet. The experience is TOTALLY there.
    So if you want a great, accurate anakin lightsaber replica, wait until they put out the limited edition. But if you want to be a jedi, if you want to live out those childhood dreams, THIS is THE saber. Period.
    With one wing, one can only fly in circles

Sounds like fun. I'm impatiently waiting for my Darth Vader lightsaber prop replica to arrive in the mail. I hope it ships soon.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Sounds good, but shouldn't this be in the reviews forum..

Cool review Detori, I hope you don't mind, but I took Adam's advice and moved the thread to Reviews.

How bright is the blade? Are there any gaps like on the 1st generation fan-made ones? Does it feel solid?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Good review. And yes, how bright is the blade? Could you please post a pic of it ignited? (Or if anyone has the pic post it). I know about the little video thing on MR.com, but that doesn't work for me, so would you (Or anyone else) mind posting a pic? Thanks.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

well I've only had a plasma blade before this, and that thing was pretty damn bright too. But this is QUITE bright as well. as you swing it around in the dark it's all you can see for the next three seconds.
    and unfortunantly I don't have any pictures- the only pictures I could show you are in bad light
    With one wing, one can only fly in circles

Question

I got mine last night and the jury is still out. I did not have fresh batteries so the sound seemed off and the ignition and retraction of the light in the blade did not work on cue. I hope this is just a case of needing fresh batteries. As far as the light it is pretty cool. In the dark it looks like what you would see in the movie. Am I happy yes. Is it worth the money, I don't know. Is it unique? Absolutely.

Tonight is the big test when I put new batteries in it. I will do a follow up. You do feel like a Jedi with this thing, very cool.

One thing I will add to the above reivew is in earlier talk about this item, people wondered if there was a different colored safety cap at the top of the blade. I am happy to report that it is the same color as the blade itself.

Anakin saber review

Nobody is reviewing this any further?

C'mon folks! This thing looks cool but I want to know about the end of the blade. Does it look hokey or nice?

Mace
    YODA: "The FORCE is strong with you Master Windex.
    "Windows so clean, never have I seen!"
    Remember Herbie the Love Bug? Visit him online at www.HERBIEMANIA.com

I have it and I love it. The handle is too fat but that is necessary I'm sure for the fx. The handle does feel metalish too me. I love the sounds and the blade is pretty bright. With this I can pretend to be in the arena battle at last.

I finally got the chance to handle this saber. I am very pleased with the blade. Wish I could see it at night. The handle looks very similar to the HAsbro Jedi training saber. It is made out of very thin metal but looks very plastic like. I was going to purchase one but to be honest I think for my $$ I'll stick with the Jedi training Hasbro model for $29.
    YODA: "The FORCE is strong with you Master Windex.
    "Windows so clean, never have I seen!"
    Remember Herbie the Love Bug? Visit him online at www.HERBIEMANIA.com