Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Read Now

Hybrid View

Read Now

Recently, several directly-unrelated situations have come up that all fall under the same heading - certain forumites are not respecting other forumites' rights to post or have a differing opinion without feeling harassed: This has got to stop.

We all come to these forums to have fun by expressing our views via the discussion format with others who share our common interest - Star Wars. However, Star Wars is a multifaceted hobby and not everybody should be expected to see eye to eye with each other; sometimes that makes for great discussions of opposing opinions, lately though, far too many forumites (on both sides of various issues) have been disrespecting others' rights to expressing different opinions. This has come in the forms of:

- personal attacks
    - harassment
    - vendetta posting (following a forumite into other discussion threads and continuing the argument)
    - thread takeovers (posting over and over about your argument without letting others get their say)

The list goes on, but the problem remains the same, certain users have become intolerant of others' views. SSG is a forum for ALL views - whether they agree with yours or not; whether they are positive or negative - and we do not want to see these forums deteriorate into petty squables fueled by a lack of respect for a difference of opinion.

This lack of respect also creates the "golden rule in action" effect, where you do not respect others and then become upset when others show you and your opinions the same disrespect. This creates a cycle - a downward spiral that does nobody any good - and we all need to work together to end this cycle.

Please, help keep these forums a fun place to hang out by respecting everybody else's opinions - especially those that don't agree with you.

In short, don't argue back and forth and since so many people have their signature lines set so that they are taking stabs at other members so I have turned off VB code for all signatures. We will start banning people if things do not turn around SOON!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Agreed Steve, but there is maybe 3-4 signatures that reference another member, and most of those are quotes from JT. Infact turning of the VB code now makes the entire forums look horrible with a bunch of coding showing up at the bottom. Hopefully you will atleast reverse that decision, since not only does it look like crap, links in their sigs are now broken with the code off.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    [B]turning of the VB code now makes the entire forums look horrible with a bunch of coding showing up at the bottom. Hopefully you will atleast reverse that decision, since not only does it look like crap, links in their sigs are now broken with the code off. B]
    That's the idea and the next step is turning signatures off all together if this stuff isn't cleaned up.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

i bet i was part of the blame. i appologies and if you don't have any idea what i am talking about, then ok. if you would like to know, sirsteve, pm me.
    h
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

I agree with you about the "respecting other's" thing, SirSteve! Thank you for making it clear that it will not be tollerated!

But PLEASE put the VB code back on and leave the signatures .

Please...

PENDO!

- at least the VB code for bold is still up, I can still do my PENDO! thing .
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I was wondering what happened to the sigs... Come back soon VB code.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Sorry, I thought it was within boundaries to quote a supermoderator.

Deleting it now . . .

Loose lips sink ships, eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by TGPIHH

Loose lips sink ships, eh ?
    If that's the case then the US Navy shouldn't be afloat.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

They like the long hard subs dont they?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten