Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Talking fantastic

As the title of my reply states FANTASTIC.

I have been waiting for a rescuplt of the BUFF RFT and have sorely wanted more Imprial officers. In fact just yesterday I was talking about the lack of Imp OFF's and thought that I would have to settle for customizing Adm. Piett figs.

ooray for hasbro.......

But keep them comin'

MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!

MTFBWY

The sculpting is fantastic, especially on the Rebel Fleet Trooper, a definite Improvement over the Origional. The only thing I don't like is the 21st. cen. XD type of knee articulation. I hope Habro decides to change this to standard knee articulation. After all 21st. cen. changed it on their XD figures.
    As far as the Imperial officer goes the sculpt is great, what I was wondering is what uniform is he wearing? It looks more lika a black version of the atst driver's jumpsuit than the standard Imp officer's uniform.

Recall if you will....

That is the same uniform worn by the Imp OFF's in a new hope when they borded the Tantive IV. One is talking with Vader and another comes up to talk to Vader about the escape pod and Vader dispatches him to the planet "See to it personally Commander, there will be noone to stop us this time".

Thumbs up darn good figures!

I'm SO impressed with these figures. I'm wondering though, instead of just two variations, would it kill Hasbro to produce about four variations on each figure, like they did with the battle droids? I was really hoping for that with the CommTech Stormtroopers. Oh well, one can dream. I suppose I should be thankful they're doing variations at all.

Awesome figures. I think I was the first to post about them in the old forums, great figures. Hasbro is getting awesome with each new figure.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Talking SCORCHIO!

I'm happy as a pig in poodoo. Hasbro have come through with the best wave ever in my opinion. With these babies and the deluxe figures it shows that they are keeping up with the other toy manufacturers in the detail stakes.
    We all have such high demands about what we want to and expect to see in our purchases that basically hasbro have no choice but to listen or their sales would suffer from apathy and the line would suffer and possibly get cancelled.
    Before you start screaming that there are too many fans for that to happen, they didn't listen to fans of the episode one line and they didn't listen to fans of the commtech line. they didn't sell so they got canned.
    These new figures are exactly what we should expect for our money and we shouldn't let them get away with less.
    However, I don't think all of the figures from now will have articulation like this. hasbro seem to put out an excellent wave and then ride on the success of that and get lazy with the next waves. like not sculpting figures underneath their robes and bad hands and heads that don't turn properly and no accessories etc. It's happened so many times because they just keep going for the fast buck.
    Not that I'm not happy for these figures coming out now, because I'm really tickled to bits about them and can't wait to hassle my comic store owner friend to order them for me.

I think I'd actually like to extend a big vote of thanks to the guys who sculpted these figures. they got them spot on and deserve some praise for that. Well done guys - a good job all round!

The sculpts just keep getting better....

Great Pictures, SirSteve. (Also...site's looking good...easier on the eyes)

The Rebel Fleet trooper & the Imp officer are outstanding! No more buff bull with the trooper and the Imperial looks great too.

I'd love it if these two were in a case all by themselves...as it is, they're gonna be tough to find around here in NoCal/NoBay.

Big Barada's quote

Barada, you said this, "I know that at military exchange stores they've been ordered never to order Star Wars toys again due to getting burned on Ep1 figures. " Is this true??? I'm in the Army overseas so this really concerns me. I know what you mean about backstock. I just picked up the Endor Han 12" wave for $4 a piece.
    "pork is not a verb"

These are the best looking figures I have seen yet!

It just shows that they CAN if they want to.

Re: Recall if you will....

Originally posted by jedi master sal
    That is the same uniform worn by the Imp OFF's in a new hope when they borded the Tantive IV. One is talking with Vader and another comes up to talk to Vader about the escape pod and Vader dispatches him to the planet "See to it personally Commander, there will be noone to stop us this time".
    That could be true, I'll have to look at that scene when I get a chance. I remember his uniform did seem different from the officers in the Death Star.

puppetboy, you think the tongue-in-groove articulation like on Luke T-16 looks better than the 45-degree angle on the WW2 Ultimate Soldier XDs? I don't, that's why I ask, I think figures like Luke T-16, Anakin Mechanic, and Han Millennium Falcon game have the ugliest knee joints of all SW. Only the CTC Stormtrooper pulls this off, and only because one knee is covered and the joint is black. The only join that I think wouldn't look so bad would be the kneecap double-joint like on the Spider-Man classics Spider-Man.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.