Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I think they both rock for once these figures are a real must have!

I like both and both will be added to my collection!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

The Rebel Fleet Trooper is great, but why did they make a removable helmet and then leave the chin strap on? If you take his helmet off, it looks like the strap is there to hold his mouth shut, not keep his hat on.

Angry

I like them both, but why with the Rebel Fleet Trooper did they make him have the same face as the previous R.F.Trooper that was released a few years ago? That is my only problem. A good face for him would be that man with the huge grey eyebrows who I believe gets the most screen time out of all of them.
    What does everyone else think?
    Superb Sellers, highly recommended = Karma, LMan, Son Gohan, Bosskmr, Julian

The sculpting is amazing and the fleet trooper is a BIG improvement over the old one,The only thing I don't like about him is the21st cen. xd style knee joints, I wish they were more traditional knee joints. The Imp. officer looks great but why is he wearing a atst drive type jumpsuit when he should be wearing the Tarkin?Motti style uniform. Anyway the sculpting on these figures are great.

Originally posted by SaeseeTiin
    I like them both, but why with the Rebel Fleet Trooper did they make him have the same face as the previous R.F.Trooper that was released a few years ago?
    I don't see it, this figure has a very normal, slightly young face while the other one looks like he came out of Fisher Price town.

As for the outfit, look closer at the pics SirSteve put up today, it's got that double-tunic thing happening like Tarkin and the others, only it's downplayed on this figure more.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Talking thoughts on rebel fleet trooper

First of all, it never fails, I don't keep up with the forums and they've changed them AGAIN, and I had to register AGAIN. I'm not complaining, though. However, as far as I can tell there are not many people who have used the same user names since the beginning, besides the moderators. As a matter of fact, GNT (Gasgano Never Talks) and myself (jlw) are the only two I can think of (besides moderators). Anyway here are my thoughts:

I am totally excited about this figure!! The rebel fleet trooper is my favorite "soldier" character in the entire Star Wars Universe, and it looks great. A few comments/questions though:

1. The fact that he has knee articulation is awesome, wouldn't matter to me if it had the traditonal or the xd soldier articulation, but the fact that the ankles are articulated make it even better.

2. I am sure the pic is just of a prototype, and there are usually changes made in the final version, but it appears to me that the vest is molded into the chest. I hope the final product has a removable vest.

3. Depending on camera angle it looks as if the arms are articulated at the upper arm so that the arms can meet in the middle so he can hold the gun w/ both hands, also the left hand looks to be articulated and is molded into the right pose for this look. However, it could just be a wrinkle in the shirt.

4. It doesn't look as if the gun will fit in the holster, I hope that this too is changed in the final version.

I've heard the holster DOES work, the vest IS sculpted on (though I don't understand the need to have this removable myself), and it IS nice to welcome you to the new forums.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Cool rebel fleet trooper thoughts

That's great about the holster, and thanks for the warm welcome

The reason I would like the vest to be removable is so that you can customize the new fleet trooper into Captain Antilles.

I finally saw the close-up of the Imperial Officer and words can't describe my excitement.

I loved the vintage Imperial Officer as a kid and always thought he was one of the most overlooked figures as far as sculpting and detail. I'm ecstatic that the new version continues this trend.

I can hear him now, "Hands, up you Rebel scum!"

While I'm generally happy with both figures, there are things about them that seem a bit "off".

The Rebel Trooper looks really nice, and I like all the articulation - the only nit I have to pick is the pose of the right arm and hand, particularly the right wrist. It just seems strange to have all the poseability in general, but be locked into a "aiming" pose with right arm.

On the Imperial Officer, it's obviously a nice sculpt with good detail, but I'm still mystified by the uniform. The Officers in the films wore uniforms that appeared to be a fairly heavy wool, and somewhat rigid/unwrinkled, and not really close-fitting. The figure doesn't really have that look - the uniform looks too wrinkled and close-fitting. It just doesn't have that "dress uniform" look to it.

So, the Rebel Trooper is a huge improvement on the original, and the Imperial is a nice (and necessary) addition to the line.