Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Rebel Fleet Trooper and Imperial Officer Thoughts?

What do you think of the new Rebel Fleet Trooper and Imperial Officer?
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Very impressed!

I posted my initial thoughts this morning on the old forums about these, but they're worth commenting on again...

The Imperial officer has a nice range of articulation, I was shocked to see how much Hasbro packed on to this bad boy. Some very interesting choices, and I'm glad they thought enough about this to make him clasp his hands behind his back. This figure looks like a great addition to the imperial forces.

The Rebel Fleet trooper is like everything I wanted from the original. The 21st Century Toys' Ultimate Soldier XD style knees are not something I usually like, but a great idea in this case, they really look better than the junky legs on figures like Luke T-16. The rest is fantastic too, a total departure from "Giant beefcake" Rebel Fleet Trooper. I'm especially impressed here.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Talking

The POTJ line just keeps getting better and better!

One question, is the Rebel Trooper stuck in a crouching pose? If so that's fine, but I'll have to find something for him to lean against; since it's doubtfull he'll be able to stand on his own like that.

No, that's what the "Ultimate Soldier XD knee articulation" I mentioned is for, it's a 90-degree pivot point of articulation that lets a leg be either straight up or in a sitting/kneeling position (or out to the sides, but that looks ridiculous). It can stand OR kneel!!!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Maybe, I'm just looking at it wrong, but it seems that if you straightened out his legs his feet would be pointed backwards! I'll have another look at it.

OHHH! So THAT'S what the ankle articulation is for! I just figured that out! The ankles are articulated to rotate around. I thought when Hasbro said "Ankle Articulation", they meant pivot like on Opee-Qui-Gon, but it's not, it rotates.

Thumbs up

These two figures SEEM to show that Hasbro is taking the line in a direction I have wished it to go for a long time! The kneeling ability is going to be a HUGELY welcome change. And the fact that they got the weapon right as far as scale and design are very exciting to me.

The Imperial Officer is every bit as exciting to me. JT - what did you mean with the comment about how much Hasbro piled on this figure. Were you referring to the articulation or do you know something about accessories that I haven't read yet.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Talking Neato!

I really want to see the variations now! REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna see 'em! The Imperial Officer is AMAZING! The Rebel Fleet Trooper is a HUGE upgrade. Sorry for using all the CAPS. I HAD to SRESS my EXCITEMENT! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

That ankle articulation really is sweet JT!