Thread: why?

why?

why do people set up petitions for figures that are EU during a MOVIE YEAR?!?!?! it doesn't make sense, maybe a neutral posed mace w/o facial expression, heavy articulated MAIN CHARACTERS w/no action gimmicks, but no, we have to have useless EU character petitions, can anyone answer why?

Why do people start petitions at all, since they require about 10,000+ signatures before Hasbro even bothers to look at them seriously. Hell, the General Madine petition the last time I saw it only had 1,450 signatures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JJB, is it a fact about the # of sigs it takes for Hasbro to even look? Has Hasbro stated this? Just wondering.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Considering that the smallest run of any particular figure is in the 10,000's, Hasbro wouldn't commit to a petitioned figure unless that many interested persons got involved. Of course there is the odd exception like the Sacul exclusive but that had nothing to do with a petition.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Maybe because the EU figures are more interesting than the characters that they have yet to make?

Though I think petitions are virtually pointless, I encourage people to speak out about their love and want of EU figures.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    Considering that the smallest run of any particular figure is in the 10,000's, Hasbro wouldn't commit to a petitioned figure unless that many interested persons got involved. Of course there is the odd exception like the Sacul exclusive but that had nothing to do with a petition.
    Well the thing is, we aren't the only people that buy this stuff, believe it or not kids really play with this stuff and aren't online talking about this. So who's to say a figure wouldn't do well. Not all people on this site participate, some just come on to read. I have a few friends that just look. So the petitions suffer.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Well in my opinion these people are just hoping for like say 10,000 signatures for their pertitions... Though many people may find it ridiculous and not useful, but I guess these people really really want to have that EU figure!! Its kind of like might as well try as I have nothing to lose situation...

Cheers...
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas

I think you might as well note on the site somewhere Yarna what you'd like, petitioned Dal or not. You never know Gargan! who could be reading - and they might feel the same way about your choice, be it EU or not. YOUR post might be the one that gets the ball rolling!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008