I picked up the 1st 6 figures and here's my review w/photos

Ok here we go... 1st is RX-24 AKA "REX". I give him a 8. What can I say he looks just like the diver. Good paint and his shield flips up. ....................................... Next we have G2-4T. Only problem is the paint. There's only 3 colors and there should have been about 3 more for the wires, just like C-3PO. He gets a 6 ........................................ 3rd is WEG-1618. Same problem as G2-4T, but only worse, I mean bad. There's only 2 colors used on this guy! There's a bunch of wires on his back and not one is painted. For you carded collectors you are going to have trouble finding a mint card and bubble. The bubble is huge!. I give this one a 4 ........................................4th is DL-X2. Very simple droid and I don't know what it is, but I really like this guy. Use of only 3 colors, but more are not needed. His arm is articulated in 2 points and has a little flexible power cable that runs down it, very cool. He gets a 9 ........................................ 5th is a great Astro droid, R4-M9. I don't know why Hasbro didn't think of a different code name, but this is a great figure! It has a way better paint job than the POTJ R4-M9. Not that much to say about this guy, but he gets a 10 from me! ........................................ Last, is one of the best Hasbro figures out today, R3-D3. Another Astro droid, but another with a clear dome. Great paint. Not sloopy like POTJ R3-T7. The insides of his dome are painted very well and are different than of R3-T7, more wires and such. It looks like he is a rehash of POTJ R2 with wheels and fixed mid leg. He gets another perfect 10. ........................................ Over all I think these are good figures and only wish that the ride had more droids to offer. Here's some photos of them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	4140  
    Last edited by Turbowars; 10-06-2002 at 12:36 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

j

Views:	91 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	4142  
    (Like my posts)

here's the last 2

Views:	84 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	4152  
    (Like my posts)

DL-X2 - Have I missed something?

I've just received my set of the Star Tours 2nd wave through the post and opened them, but my DL-X2 seems to have only the one point of articulation - in the elbow! One half of the upper arm appears to be moulded into the should, while the other side (front of the pack when carded) detaches at the shoulder & elbow joints, to free the lower arm altogether.

I'd also expected the little door on this "fuel-pump to open, but it seems it doesn't at all. I haven't tried too hard, though, as I'm afraid of forcing and breaking the figure.

Nice-LOOKING figure, though!
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

Great review, turbowars.

I have all 6 and I agree with all that you said. The good ones are pretty good. The bad ones are pretty bad. WEG-1618 will fit in a Star Case 2; barely.

J

I should have mine in a couple days. My parents picked up all of them, except wave 3 last week. They picked them up at 'Once upon a Toy'. I am meeting my parents at their place in Florida. Can not wait to open them and play with them. I have been waiting for Star Tours figures since I was a kid. Hopefully they are as cool as the pictures look. Thanks for the review.

Mark