Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Two Towers information

Hey LOTR fans, head on over to http://www.tolkienonline.com/docs/7532.html for some new Two Towers info. There's more at http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1033835890

Beware though, spoilers abound.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I'm not really disappointed that the Smeagol story was dropped. I was surprised it was added to begin with.

And the inclusion of Elves at the battle of Helm's Deep sounds promising. I kinda figured, since we have the Elven Archer/Uruk Hai Beserker two pack.

What do they mean by "tragic followup" to Arwen and Aragorn's story?

Also, the Gimli/Aragorn scene sounds great.

Well, that's my two cents.

Yeah, having read the books I dont care much for the Smeagol story, but the Elves fighting in Helm's Deep does sound cool

Are you sure that the Smeagol flashback story was dropped, because it doesn't say that anywhere over there. All it says about that scene is:

The flashback scene of Smeagol before he was enslaved by the power of the Ring is in the can, and directed by Fran Walsh.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I took that to mean that it was done and ready to go when I read that when it was first put up.

Yeah, thats the way I took it as well. "In the Can" is a movie making term that means that it was shot and finished. The reason it was filmed by someone other then Peter Jackson, was because it was likely second unit filming.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sounds like fodder for the eventual DVD release of TT.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I think if it's "in the can", it'll be "in the movie". I guess we'll have to wait and see. It is pertinent to the story - why not include it?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I thought that it being in the can meant it was canned,

Not from what I know. Usually if something is cut from a film, they refer to it being left on the cutting room floor. So it doesn't sound like the "Smeagol" backstroy has been lost. Even if it had been, you know that in November next year we'll get another Extended Edition, just like we are for FOTR.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ah, okay. I thought by "in the can" they meant like "in the trashcan."