Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Whos going to the World Series??

I'm a huge baseball fan and I wondered who you guys thought would be heading to the series??? Were big Hotlanta fans so I'm hoping the Braves vs. anyone but the Yanks (would like to see the Twins go or the Angels) If anyone goes other then the Braves I hope its the Cards since they lost DK this year...what do you think???
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Wait......They're still playing baseball???

Ok, then. Well it won't be the Yankees. hallelujah!

Nor should it be the Braves. They've had their time in the sun. They have been dominating their division for ten years now. Time to give someone else a chance.

I would love to see the Angels and the Cardinals. Anaheim would get my nod since I always root for the underdog (living in Buffalo). But I wouldn't be upset if the Twins or the Giants won it all.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

i will have to go with the same team i always go with the Braves or who ever the NL team in the world series.

Diddo LBC, at least it's not the Spankees. Woo Hoo!!!
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Braves baby! They finish off the little Giants tomorrow.
    I have been going to Braves games since I was a toddler. I suffered through 15 losing seasons, no reason why I shouldn't get 15 winning ones in return!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I agree. Thank the maker it not going to be the yankees. I would like to see the A's vs the Braves. I would not mind seeing the Card's or anyone else in the world series.
    Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens call on me, and I will equalize.

19th century ad for Colt revolvers

Be wary of the man who only has one gun...for he probley knows how to
    use it.

If the Braves are in the World Series...I will be there...always have, always will. Ticket prices are insane, but what the.......

who cares if they had their time in the sun in their division, i want the braves to win at least another world series. Besides, did you ever hear anything about them in the 80's? NO they sucked hard. be happy for the braves!!
    [FONT=comic sans ms]ok make me stop talking, it's not interesting anymore[/FONT]

Pretty much every team in every sport have endured prolonged streaks of losing that have lasted years. I live in Yankee country and every time I bring up my opinion regarding how it's time for some other team to be given a chance at winning (like the Red Sox ) someone has to mention the "dark days" of the Yankees history of the 1950's (I think it is that decade) or the 1980's when they failed to make the playoffs some years--they talk about it as if no other franchise had suffered as they did and how each of the 10 or so WS they've won in the last 40 years, was some sort of small attonement.

Take a look at the Angels. They have been in the league since 1961. They last were in the playoffs in 1986. They hadn't won a playoff series at all during the franchise's 40 years of existence. They are deserving of a World Series if ever a team was. The Braves have had many shots over the years and I was glad to see that they won one. Now it's time for the Angels or the Giants or the Cards to get a taste of making the finals and winning.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Ya i know, every team has had a crappy streak (some are constantly on this), but i wasn't around anytime before the 80's, plus I live in Atlanta so i don't care about the other teams.
    [FONT=comic sans ms]ok make me stop talking, it's not interesting anymore[/FONT]