Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    I know, I've never been happy with the quality of most of McFarlane's stuff. It's all made for display, since they break so damn easily. Yet they put all this articulation in them, that seems to mean you should be able to play and pose them. But almost every McFarlane figure I've had, has limbs that fall off, or parts that break. They may look good, but the quality can be pretty shoddy.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

well I have over 75 mcfarlane figs (old and new) and everything that has ever broken or broken off was the sword of Lotus Angel and that was because she fell down (my fault) and Ash's arm, the peg broke (that was really low quality) but other than that, nothing has ever happened
    I guess you just got bad ones, but of course you also have to be careful with them since they're no real "action figures" anymore
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Neca had the new Hellraiser stuff on display at the UK Toyfair this weekend. Man, some nice pictures of the stuff. They said they couldn't really get close to the case, and will have better pictures later this week. Can't wait to see these in person.

They are also doing an 18" Pinhead, that's to scale with McFarlane's 18" Movie Maniac releases. It also has a motion sensor, with a voice chip. Very very cool. Line looks better everytime I see it. I'll toss up some links to Action-Figure.com's coverage from the UK Toyfair.

Also, Entertainment Earth has the Wire Twins w/ Torso Cenobite 2 1/2-pack up for pre-order for June Delivery. 24.99 isn't to bad for two and a half Cenobites. They also have the case up for pre-order, and Neca packed it properly. Since Pinhead will draw people that don't collect them all, 2 more of him per case. And the rest even packed, so getting a set won't be a pain in the arse.

This case of 14 individually packaged action figures includes: 4x Pinhead (Hellraiser), 2x Chatterer (Hellraiser II: Hellbound), 2x CD (Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth), 2x Chatter Beast (Hellraiser IV: Bloodline), 2x Wire Twin (Hellraiser V: Inferno), and 2x Stitch (Hellraiser VI: Hellseeker).

18" Pinhead Figure

Hellraiser Action Figures - Series 1

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

thanx for the link JJB I had only seen the 18inch Pinhead (who looks very cool BTW) from the toyfair till now
    the normal Pinhead looks very cool, I'll certainly get him but I'm still not sure on the others yet, although I must admit that they already do look a bit better in these shots IMO
    although not coming from mcfarlane, these figs really look decent

BTW, speaking of Mcfarlane, I met him last week here in paris in a comic shop where he gave a signing, and I got Moribundi from the TS2 line signed Todd was very cool BTW
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

187-Maul, it's not like Toddy actually sculpts the figures himself. Neca is actually made up of ex-McFarlane Toys sculptors, so that's why I said that I doubt that McFarlane Toys could have done much better. By the way, Figures.com has better pictures of the 18" Pinhead figure.

http://www.figures.com/databases/act...how_article=63

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I know mcfarlane doesn't sculpt the figs himself (I meant the company) but I still think that they (the company again ) would have done a more "gruesome" job I you know what I mean, more realistic blood and all, and they would have picked cooler characters
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

The choice in characters is just so there's more variety down the line. If we got all the cool ones all at once, we wouldn't care about a second series and such. I'm a huge hellraiser fan, but I only like the first 2 movies. So I'd get anything related to those. And I'll also get any Chatterer incarnations, he's my favorite cenobite. So the chatterbeast and the torso are in. I think CD would be an okay cenobite if it wasn't for the CDs. Maybe if they were circular blades or something. Bah, the Hellraiser 3 cenobites all hurt to look at. I want a Leviathan and an Engineer toy.
    Visit [b]Aw, Ratts![/b]
    [url]http://scarymonkeyshow.com/awratts/index.htm[/url]
    Ratts Tyerell fun for all.

I dunno, Barbie wasn't a bad H3 Cenobite design. And neither was the Terri Centobite, since it was sort of a new design of the old Female Centobite. I know I said this before, and I'll probably say it again at some point. But that charecter still bugs me, she never was given a nickname like all the others. She's just "Female Centobite".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Terri was okay with me... until I noticed the ciggerete in her throat....

Barbie is an okay design, I guess. But his drink mixes of doom ruin him.

Maybe they couldn't think of a good nickname for the female cenobite. All I can think of is Cutthroat, and that's just lame.
    Visit [b]Aw, Ratts![/b]
    [url]http://scarymonkeyshow.com/awratts/index.htm[/url]
    Ratts Tyerell fun for all.

Figures.com finally posted some new Toy Fair news from Neca about the Hellraiser line. I love the base idea, hopefully it works as well as they think it will. They also announced the next Resin statue, Chatterer. The statues are cool, but a bit pricey for my wallet. But I'll definatly take the figures.

Toy Fair 2003 - NECA Hellraiser!

NECA's Director of Product Development, Randy Falk, provided fans an exciting up close and personal look at their eagerily awaited Hellraiser line of action figures. This series, due out this Spring (late April/early May) will consist of 6 figures: Pinhead (Hellraiser 1), Chatterer (Hellraiser 2: Hellbound), CD (Hellraiser 3: Hell On Earth), Chatter Beast (Hellraiser 4: Bloodline), Wire Twin (Hellraiser 5: Inferno) and Stitch (Hellraiser 6: Hellseeker).

The figures are poseable, highly detailed, and are in the 7" scale as previously announced. Each will include accessories (such as the Chatter Beast's "Chew Toys") as well as a piece of the Lament Configuration (cube). The latter will act not only as a display base with pegs on one side for your figure to stand on, but will actually create the cube when all six figures are collected- the pegged side sneakingly hidden in the inside.

There will not be any variants or chase figures in this series. NECA wants to give everyone a chance to get them all. Case packs will be mixed fairly so everyone who wants to buy their favorite Cenobite will be able to do so.

In other Hellraiser news, NECA announced plans for a high-end resin statue of the Chatterer signed by actor Nicholas Vince.

Check 'em all out HERE.

Figures.Com News Story

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lament configuration bases.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	5281