Gijoe deals, etc.

What are some great deals you've gotten on Gijoe or other non-Star Wars toys?

I myself only officially collect Star Wars but I am leaning towards GiJoe. GiJoe was a huge part of my childhood and I do have some stuff left. I did get a great deal this past weekend at a huge indoor Garage Sale. Was a box with about 60 figures 99% complete for $10. The bonus was that they all were Cobra figures (some dups). That's cool because I always preferred the Cobra figures over the Joes. They also were very mint. Some probably were never played with. Also picked up a few more at another table for $1 each.

Re: Gijoe deals, etc.

I bought a USS Flagg at a yard sale for $50, but that was years ago. I keep an eye on the new stuff but haven't bought any figures or vehicles since the late 80s. I used to read the Marvel comic and I like looking at those new comic/figure packs as they hit stores. The new issues have Oktober Guard figures in them, which are totally new for the line.

I've heard reports that Hasbro is retiring the 3-3/4" and 12" GI Joe line. A new cartoon (and probably comic) is coming out and the Joes are getting an all new look and scale (I think 8"). They kind of remind of the new Star Wars Force Battlers. Which makes sense, same company and all.

GiJoe figures are fairly easy to find at Toy Shows, swap meets, and large grouped garage sale events. many can be found in good shape and I usually don't pay more than a buck or two for them.

I also was able to nab a box of Gijoe stuff for $30 that had about 15 figures, several vehicles, and bunch of accessories. It had a complete X--- jet (forgot the name) in it with the sticker sheet intact and not applied. Also had a complete Fang complete with sticker sheet not applied.

I pick these up to trade for Star Wars. I may stop though as I said because these are starting to appeal to me in light of the mega deal I got last weekend.

If you have a Family Dollar store near by, look there. A local one has a small assortment of GI Joe figures for $2 each. I don't collect them, so I'm not sure if they are an old, discontinued line or what.

Apparently, Hasbro is putting both the 12" and 4" GI Joe lines to bed this year and switching to their new 8" line dubbed Sigma 6.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Picked up the GI Joe 12" F2000 accessory set, the build-your-own-gun set, at TRU for $5.98 down from its $10 original.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.