Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bargains at the Mall!!!

Lately, I've been accidetally running into some Star Wars bargains at the stores.

Yesterday, I happened to be in J.C. Penney and saw that they had set up a toy section for Christmas. The only Star Wars product I found was the Playskool "Fast Through the Forest" set. I've been having trouble finding these smaller sets and quickly picked it up. (There were about 10 of them in stock) It had a 7.99 price tag, but when I went to the register it rang up 30% less=$5.59. They also had alot of G.I. Joes and Masters of the Universe figures (newer asst.s with Ram-Man, etc.) there. There were alot of empty pegs and spaces on the shelves so it looked like they were just setting it up. I'm sure more Star Wars merchandise will be arriving. Just another place for all of you to do your hunting. With all the great sales J.C. Penney always has, this could be a good chance to clean up this X-mas season.

Also, when I went over to Waldenbooks they had the "Episode I Visual Dictionary" on clearance for $4.99. With a Waldenbooks card you can pick it up for $4.50. For anyone who doesn't have this it's a great reference book. Lots of large photographs and detail.

I'm not cheap, just happens to look that way!

I found the Slave I for 50% off at Sam Goody. I think it was about $14.00 after the discount.
    Piett
    "Torontogosh! Master Luke inchimini doodoooooo..."

The 2 Toys R' Us around me have put the Reek on clearence for $9.99.
    Powdered Toast Man!

Target has the Reek and the Unleashed figures/statues for either about $12 or about $8, depending which Target you go to (and how far on clearance they've gone).
    Stupidity should be painful.

I'e noticed the same sales as well. It'd be great if they marked down a few more things.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

TRU also had the 25th Anniversary 2-packs marked down to $9.99. Not a bad deal at all. They had all 3 of them at my store.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Re: Bargains at the Mall!!!

Originally posted by Bib Forlobster

Yesterday, I happened to be in J.C. Penney and saw that they had set up a toy section for Christmas. The only Star Wars product I found was the Playskool "Fast Through the Forest" set. I've been having trouble finding these smaller sets and quickly picked it up. (There were about 10 of them in stock) It had a 7.99 price tag, but when I went to the register it rang up 30% less=$5.59. They also had alot of G.I. Joes and Masters of the Universe figures (newer asst.s with Ram-Man, etc.) there.
    Thanks for the info, Bib. I hit my local J.C. Penny today and finally scored the extremely elusive MOTU Ram-Man. They had out one case of wave 2 that went luckily untouched until I got there. I would have never even thought of going there for toy finds if you hadn't of mentioned it. I really appreciate your help.
    Nute Gunray: "Will you stop talking about the war!"
    Mr. Fawlty: "Me? You started it!"
    Nute Gunray: "We did not start it."
    Mr. Fawlty: "Yes you did, you invaded Naboo..."

Glad I could help, Hellzer.

Did you happen to see any Star Wars merchandise while you were there?

Also, did you pay full price or was the sale still on?

I didn't see any SW stuff myself, although I didn't really check out anything else after I found my Ram Man. I do remember seeing a whole bunch of GI Joe and Yu-Gi-Ho whatever figures. Nothing else really sticks out in my head right now. Next time I'm up that way I'm gonna give their toy section a good once-over.

And the MOTU figures were on sale for $7.99 (normally $9.99). Hopefuly they'll stay at that price for a while.
    Nute Gunray: "Will you stop talking about the war!"
    Mr. Fawlty: "Me? You started it!"
    Nute Gunray: "We did not start it."
    Mr. Fawlty: "Yes you did, you invaded Naboo..."

Found Acklay on clearance at a local Target today for $7.98.