Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Who do you want as a McFarlene Movie Maniac?

I would post this on the official SPAWN forums, but there are a good few too many really unkind people there, so I decided to post my choices here.

Rick Deckard (Blade Runner) Harrison Ford's futuristic cop would come with his trademark pistol

Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs) The Good Doctor should come with his straight jacket and a removable mask

Ellen Ripley (Alien(s) Movies)-the greatest chick-hero ever should come with the little girl Newt. Why the hell was Hasbro's Aliens line made without any human characters at all?

Indiana Jones (IJ Trilogy) is Hasbro doesn't produce a line of these figures, just Indy would definatley be a good Movie Maniac

John Rambo (Rambo trilogy) Ok, they made us a toy of Arnie the Terminator, so how about a figure of Sylvester "The Other Guy" Stallone? This dude oughta come with a big gun or in a bow-firing position

DeLorean (Back to the Future) true, McFarlene seems to keep their Movie Maniacs horror and action related, but they have produced lines for Austin Powers and Strange Brew. A boxed set with the car, Marty McFly and Dr. Emmet Brown would kick ***.

Queen Alien (Aliens) true, there were a series of Aliens figures of just the aliens, not the people produced by Kenner, but who would not buy a Queen that was the size of the King Kong figure?
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Deckard from Blade Runner, awesome choice! Indy, Ripley, and the Back to the Future Delorean with Marty & Doc would all be super as well... but McF would have to increase their articulation and material problems ten-fold to get me really fired up on this one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Regan, the exorcist
    Possibly to foul to make, but still it would be awesome!

Darth Vader, My god what they could do with this one, especially if Todd McFarline does it, i drool at the thought!!!

Ben Willis, I know what you did last summer, and i still know...

That would be cool to make, its not hard

Cupid, Valentine
    Killer, in a cupid mask, not hard

Scream, Killers revealed!

All 5 made, possibly in a 5 packs, cloth clothes!!!
    "I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me"-Area man

Ooog! I forgot! How about the Bruce Willis character from The Sixth Sense? I'd buy that. A Darth Vader Movie Maniac has probably less than zero of a chance of being made. But it is nice to dream

I really don't see how McFarlane could improve upon Hasbro's most recent Darth Vader figures. Except to make a really dull, lump of unarticulated plastic.

Indy is a little to action oriented for McFarlane, meaning plastic statues wouldn't do the property justice.

Although I would love to see Deckard Smith and maybe a couple of the replicants from Bladerunner, namely Pris with her freaky eye make-up and frizzed out hair.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The Joker and The Penguin, Darth Vader and Darth Maul, Jack Skellington, Queen Alien, Hannibal Lecter, Pinhead.

Most of them have already been made into Action Figures, but I would like to see them done Mc Farlane style!
    "Marge! Is there another Man in the house!? A [COLOR=darkblue]Radioactive[/COLOR] Man!?"

Deckard and (of course) Roy Batty from Blade Runner have always been on my Movie Maniacs wish list.

Two I saw on a list of what was to have been the next line-up (the one that turned out to be T2, Blair Witch, etc.) that I thought were great were Darkness (from Legend) and my personal favorite Alex (from A Clockwork Orange).

I don't know if it fits the motif or not, but I'd love some figures based on Buckaroo Bonzai Across the Eighth Dimension (one of my all time favorite films). Buckaroo, Dr. Emilio Lizardo, John Parker and John Bigbutee' would be ideal, especially if the Johns had interchangeable hands and heads (human and Lectroid).

How about that hideous baby-thing from It's Alive! That would be a good choice for the line. Far better than one of the other projected members of the next line, Sloth from the Goonies! I believe there was also a Gremlins two-pack promised.

One final thought, from a very obscure and incredibly funky movie I've not seen since I was a kid, the title character from The Phantom of The Paradise! If you get a chance, check out this twisted slant on The Phantom of the Opera. It is high camp but a lot of fun.

If I really put my mind to it, I could scare up a few more, but that's all I have for now.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

An axe-weilding Jack Nicholson from "The Shining" would be very cool too. As for the Joker and Penguin- I always wanted to see a Batman line based strictly on the movies (the first two that didn't suck, if you want to get specific) with actual good likenesses of the actors, and none of this "Glow in the dark, aqua-strike, missile firing Batman" crap.

Heeeeeerrrreeees Johnny!

Good choice. Perhaps the blood-covered Carrie (from the movie of the same name) would be a good, too.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.