Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bounty Hunters

Bounty Hunters

Has anyone who has watched ESB ever cought the lines between Piett, and some Imperial Officer when the Bounty Hunters first arrive:

Piett: Bounty Hunters, We don't need their Scum

Officer: (Cheerily) Yes! Sir!

Bossk: Grrrrwl Hisss.

I always thought it funny that the officer cheerily responded to Piett's snide remark.

Anyway, another question. Is Piett offended that Vader doesn't trust the ability of his troops to find Han & Liea, or does he just not trust bounty hunters?
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire

better yet, does he not realize his troops are all cloned from a bountyhunter?

Good point TOR.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Interesting question. . . . I've never really thought about why Piett says that. I doubt he thinks Vader distrusts his troops, or at least his command of them. So I'd go with the general mistrust of bounty hunters.

I'll have to listen to the officer's tone next time; I've never caught that.

TOR, that depends on whether a Stormtrooper is a Clonetrooper, and (at least until Episode III), the jury's still out on that one. There is enough documentation from official sources that the Stormtroopers may be an enlisted (or inscripted) army that replaces the Clonetroopers for whatever reason (be it a lack of fresh Jango DNA after his death or the "clone madness" Timothy Zahn alludes to in his novels).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

but haven't you noticed that st's all seem to have the same voice as well in the OT?

I think they may find a new host body to clone.....but they still seem to be clones. They're all the same height as well.

Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
    but haven't you noticed that st's all seem to have the same voice as well in the OT?

I think they may find a new host body to clone.....but they still seem to be clones. They're all the same height as well.
    They're not all the same height, how do you think that one hits his head on the door
    And they definately have different voices...
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots

They're not all the same height, how do you think that one hits his head on the door
    And they definately have different voices...
    Not only that, but there are some that are obviously heavier, and bulkier than others. Next time when any of you are watching ROTJ take a closer look at some of them as Vader & Palpatine are walking by. The Stormtroopers voices are similar, but not at all exactly the same.

Maybe Piett was just really uncomfortable having such dangerous folk around. My take on it was always that Piett was the kind of person who was easily intimidated, and the idea of having such dangerous, mercenary individuals not only on the bridge of his ship, but also relying on these guys to find their fugitives scared the crap out of him. It always sounded to me like that line of dialog was the result of nervous anxiety.

I think Piett's line was just a cheesy way of 1) introducing the bounty hunters and 2) showing the Imperial's attitude towards bounty hunters.

We had a long discussion in another thread about Stormtroopers being clones. It is pretty certain that they are human enlistees. If you want, I can try to find the thread.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I don't think that Piette wants bounty hunter rif-raf on his ship.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett