Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wal-Mart's clearin' 'em out!

On my lovely trip back home last night, I stopped at more Wal-Marts than I can count. However, I did notice that at three of them, the prices were lowered to $3.77 "Everyday low price" and at two of them, the Saga figures were clearanced at $3.00!!

Is this a sign of things to come re: lower SW prices? Or, is it merely Wal-Mart clearing space for the newer figures? I am nervous about this event b/c when the older figures clear out, the SW area in toys will be about 1/10th the size it is now which means fewer pegs, etc.

J

Damn My Walmart better have this deal.
    Powdered Toast Man!

*JarJarBinks starts to chant and summons the spirit of Dar' Argol to speak thru him*
    Originally posted by Dar' Argol
    Like I said before, this is not a company wide thing. Its store specific. My store and the 3 nearby have the figs at full price as well. So if you are not finding these figs at reduced prices at your stores, then you might not unless they do a company wide mark down.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Just a question about the waves figures are shipped in. Since Dar' Argol knows a lot about stores and how they get their toys in, I figure he could answer this.

The Wal-Mart in my town since Mid July has had pegs upon pegs of the Orn Free Taa wave, Han Solo wave, and Mace Windu. Very few figures it seems have been sold since then. There is hardly any room for any new figures.

Are the latest waves, Ki-Adi Mundi & JF pilot guaranteed to show up at some point (maybe not in big numbers) despite the poor sales or do stores skip waves when things aren't selling that well? I am just curious to know if stores get the new figures at all when they aren't selling or do they say "We're not taking anymore figures since we can't sell the ones we have."
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I just hope my Wal-Marts don't still have Zam.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

My Wal-Mart won't have those kind of deals. They'll just expect to get rid of the massing pegwarmers by having them full price, thats what they always pull.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I'll have to visit the WMs in my area. The ones of my side of the river are generally slower at changing prices than others.

Other than the cantina sets, I haven't seen or bought a new figure at WM in I don't know when!

Looked at one of the Wal-Marts in my area today. All pegwarmers are still $4.77. The had about a half aisle full plus a bin in the main aisle of the store filled with them. Doesn't look like they're moving at all.

They did have one automated R2-D2 in stock. Too pricey for me, but at least it was new product!

Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
    Just a question about the waves figures are shipped in. Since Dar' Argol knows a lot about stores and how they get their toys in, I figure he could answer this.

The Wal-Mart in my town since Mid July has had pegs upon pegs of the Orn Free Taa wave, Han Solo wave, and Mace Windu. Very few figures it seems have been sold since then. There is hardly any room for any new figures.

Are the latest waves, Ki-Adi Mundi & JF pilot guaranteed to show up at some point (maybe not in big numbers) despite the poor sales or do stores skip waves when things aren't selling that well? I am just curious to know if stores get the new figures at all when they aren't selling or do they say "We're not taking anymore figures since we can't sell the ones we have."
    I felt the summoning . . . . . .

LBC, Wal-Mart cannot oder these figs. We have 3 types of "odrerable" merchandise in the store. There is WHSE or warehouse, which we can order and usually comes in with int 3-5 days from when we order it. There is AS or AD which is Assmebly. That merchandise takes about 2/4 weeks to arrive, since it is not stored in our warehouse. Then there is GO Not go, its said G-O, General Order. This we have no control over. Home Office makes deals with different companies on these types of things and those companies just send it to us. SW figs and such fall into that last catagory. We cannot order SW, we have no control over what gets sent to us, and there have been times when some stores do not get certain waves. My store never saw the last wave of E1 figs. We also cannot refuse this stuff at the store level. H.O. may say that we are not going to receive anymore, but the store themselves cannot refuse.

I have noticed that when My store gets some new stuff, it seems to show up all over in different WM's. So it seems to me that there is a mass shipping thing going on. I mayself have not see anything past Dajh Pur. Hopefully new things will show up

And JarJar, thanx for the earlier quote! Saves me on some typing
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

The WM in Lancaster CA has had the $3.77 price for months and still no one is buying.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)