Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Future Cantina sets

I really like the idea of the pieces of the bar beeing include with these figures, reissues or not. I think in the future there should be more of these with other parts of the cnatina included- tables, wall, etc. there is more than enough aliens to make a whole cantina diorama eventually! Anyone think this is a good idea or at least doable?
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I'm with you, JON9000. In fact I started a thread a while back about this under the dear hasbro section. You should check it out.

The cantina is such a treasure trove of figure possibilities and including bits and piece of the bar seems like a win/win proposition to me.

I love the, BUT- why is there a picture of wuher in the back of one of them IF THEY'RE MAKING THE FIGURE OF HIM?!?
    With one wing, one can only fly in circles

I think it would be cool if Hasbro made the alcove where Han and Chewie met with Ben and Luke. That would be a best seller!

I totally agree with the idea of building a full cantina piece by piece.

The Cantina and Jabba's Palace are probably two of the best scenes to set up a multitude of figure displays. I hope they give Jabba's Palace the same treatment as the Cantina eventually.

How long is this bar going to be if they don't start making the round pieces?

I was wondering the same thing about Wuher being in the background of his figure. Maybe he's a leftover clone from the Old Republic.

Knowing Hasbro, they will scrap the next wave and we will never see a bar set again. Does Hasbro even have a plan?? I think Hasbro is run by the WM door greeters.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Originally posted by turbowars
    Knowing Hasbro, they will scrap the next wave and we will never see a bar set again. Does Hasbro even have a plan?? I think Hasbro is run by the WM door greeters.
    No, no, no....at least Wal-mart door greeters try to make their customers happy.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Originally posted by Darth Detori
    I love them, BUT- why is there a picture of wuher in the back of one of them IF THEY'RE MAKING THE FIGURE OF HIM?!?
    I don't know. I used to try to figure out such things but it really made my head hurt. It's best not to ask, but to just gladly receive!!! I never got a Wuher... so I hope these DO ship! Even if they are making that papier-mache bug KittyKatKlickety-Klack or whatever her name is!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

When the Wave2 photos first appeared on the net about a week ago, someone pointed out fairly quickly that they thought these new "carded" images were prototypes or official mock-ups.
    Maybe that explains why the same backdrop is shown with all 3 of these figures.
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

Yeah, they were definitely mock-ups. I keep hoping that maybe, just maybe we'll see a curved bar yet . . .