Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Yes, she wore the Batgirl mask.

Dryanta's idea is seriously cool! They SHOULD hire someone like him, a real fan, to handle the writing on this show!

Nice job, D!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Hey all,
    Roojay,since when is Dinah Lance a Blonde?Both her and her mother the original wore Blonde wigs.She dyes her hair now?
    I don't read BOP comic so I really don't know.She was always a Brunette.
    Thanks tycho.
    Jt It is very complicated I agree.But So are shows like Star Trek,And even some of the story lines in Wrestling from what I remember are pretty complex.They need to do something to get the hook set.People get tired of just beat the bad guy week after week.And My hope would be to Get a Batman series spun off from this loser while they could.Huntress could get by a truck(I officially volunteer to Drive it) for all I care.But Oracle would have to be part of the new series. I refuse to refer to the other girl as Dinah Lance.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

nice work dryanta!

can't say that i've been a huge batman fan, spider-man is my dude, but i do know a lot of the comic continuity, and i am a major fan of the animated series...

ra's al ghul is one of the best villains ever created, because he's working for a noble goal, just through any means necessary - the restoration of earth to it's natural un(humanly)altered state, with the unfortunate side effect of virtually destroying the human way of life, and therefore destroying mankind...

i think it would be awesome to use this character in something like what you posed. it's too bad - we had a great animated series - in my opinion, bruce timm and paul dini should be involved in ANY comic book project that is transferred to another medium. they just know how to translate comicbookese to the mainstream!

the spider-man movie was amazing. the first batman i really dug. the second one i really dug. i'm not even going to comment on the other two batman movies.

while marvel seems to have their head finally out of the sand, dc (with the evidence posed in that awful leaked superman script...) still doesn't seem to get it. some of marvel's best books right now are being written by movie (kevin smith) and tv (j. micheal straczynski) or novel (brian micheal bendis) writers.... THAT LOVE THE CHARACTERS!!! not people that "have a new vision" for the characters, not people that "want to bring the character in a new direction" or "throw away all the history, and get to the root of the character" or any other things that idiotic people say when they don't know anything about what they're writing about...

the forumla is a bit complicated, but i think it's working in a lot of different ways right now - it has to be true to the characters, accessible to new readers/viewers, AND different and intriguing enough to keep BOTH interested. i think the main problem comes from the fact that there is a lot of back story to all these characters, and a big, albeit slowly shrinking, fanbase that's been around for a long time. this long-term fanbase demands of the creative team "surprise me - but don't change a thing."
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

thank you Darthvyn,
    You made all the points I would like to make.I have to be honest,I haven't liked any of the Bat films.But I'm much more of a hard core fan than the general ticket buying public.
    I agree that the Back story for a character that has been around since 1939 is incredibly important.And that is the exact reason IMO that it needs to be respected and presented.It would take time to slowly incorporate even half of my suggestions but they would be worth it.
    Also with the success of both the C.S.I. shows,they could have a Batman series that spent most of each episode utilizing the skills of the worlds greatest detective.All the while still having him be one of the worlds greatest fighters ever,and the family troubles that could spin off from BOP.Wishfull thinking I guess.
    And I agree,Marvel is doing it right so far,Time Warner needs to wake up and make movies that will appeal to BOTH the general Public and the fans.If done right,the first will become the Latter.
    And I agree the animated series was great.Respect was given to the characters and it showed in the quality of the show.The animated series was great enough to actually contribute to the comics( imagine that) with Harley Quinn.That should speak volumes to the powers that be at Time Warner.Let Fans write comic character Movie scripts..Let movie writers go make romantic comedies.

What I said was that the Black Canary has always been blonde; you are correct that Dinah Lance is a natural brunette though (there is a distinction there! ). Although, if I'm not mistaken, the character has been a dyed blonde lately.

I'd also like to point out that I think that what Warner's really needs to do is to start making movies that appeal to SOMEONE!

Don't make me start having to defend my beloved DC though! They can't help it that their parent company is run by a committee of mentally handicapped chimps.

Most die hard Marvel fans I've ever talked to just flat out refuse to give DC a try, but just in case Id like to recommend a few DC books to anyone interested:

Birds of Prey (there's a reason they decided to make a television series about it. Whether you like that show or not, the book is definitely worth a look!)
    The Flash
    Green Arrow (also written by film writer Kevin Smith until just recently - and much better than his Daredevil run, I might add! Currently very capably written by award winning novelist Brad Meltzer!)
    JSA (a book created by, occasionally written by, and guided by filmwriter David Goyer - who certainly cares for the characters and especially their history)
    JLA (dare I say that Joe Kelly's run on this book has been even better and offered up more character development than Grant Morrison's? One issue in particular that shouldn't be missed by comics fans would be the Batman/ Plastic Man team up in #65!)
    Legion
    Batman, Detective Comics, and Gotham Knights (c'mon - it's Batman! Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee start their run next month; I'm sure it's not be missed!)
    Catwoman
    Hawkman (you want a writer who cares about a character's history? Imagine someone who cares enough about a character like Hawkman to not only acknowledge each convoluted detail about his history, but who is not afraid to use it to tell some damned good stories!)
    anything by Chuck Dixon (the most underrated writer in the biz!)
    Fables (I can't recommend this one enough!)
    anything by Alan Moore through Wildstorm (naturally!)
    anything by Brian Azzarello (especially 100 Bullets!)

I agree with all your recomendations Roojay.It is too bad the way things are run at DC.It's been screwed up since Warner Bro. bought them(or however that whole thing happened.

I missed 1/2 the show, but from what I saw it was LAME! This is how I would change it. First Get rid of Helena's powers and just have her be athletic and nubile...er I mean nimble. Second get rid of the blond girl as Dinah and bring in the blond chick from Mutant X. That show can't be around for much linger so she should start looking for another job soon.
    This way we could have Oracle and Black Canary as mentors to Helena. That's all I can think of for now, but I'll probably have more after the next episode.

Dinah Lance has started to dye her hair, in fact I think she started doing it at the beginning of the comic.

I also think they (DC) have decided that the Son of Demon GN (in which Batman has a son with Talia) is now considered an Elseworlds story and not an in continuity story.

JIm

Oh man, I gave it another shot last night because I was feeling generous and was rewarded with even more putridity! Why is it that they go to such great lengths to show us the CG city of New Gotham over and over yet the CG buildings aren't interesting to look at? And the writing makes me want to start pulling teeth, Huntress only trusts Dinah after the kid conks a baddy on the back of the head with a batarang - seems like they've already given this stranger the keys to the whole batcave based on knowing almost nothing about her or her true motives! Oh, and they had to go the extra mile with all that "brotherhood of vigilante crimefighters" syrup by naming various Robins even though one of 'em died trying to fight outside the system.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by RooJay
    I'd also like to point out that I think that what Warner's really needs to do is to start making movies that appeal to SOMEONE!
    THAT's funny!

Originally posted by RooJay
    Don't make me start having to defend my beloved DC though! They can't help it that their parent company is run by a committee of mentally handicapped chimps.

Most die hard Marvel fans I've ever talked to just flat out refuse to give DC a try, but just in case Id like to recommend a few DC books to anyone interested:

Green Arrow (also written by film writer Kevin Smith until just recently - and much better than his Daredevil run, I might add! Currently very capably written by award winning novelist Brad Meltzer!)

Fables (I can't recommend this one enough!)
    i'm totally there on these two... however, even though i love spidey, for the most part i follow creators, not characters. i followed kevin smith from daredevil to green arrow. still read both of those, although with bendis on daredevil i defy you NOT to read it... he's done amazing things with this character. i have read superman, batman, and vertigo titles in the past. superman got to be too much, EVERY WEEK a new story that takes place in the same continuity - it just made me mad that i HAD to pick up every superman book to get the whole story. batman was during the whole knightfall thing - it was interesting, but it turned out to have the same effect on the fans as the "spider-clone" debacle *SHUDDER*

i love preacher. there's nothing too exciting coming out of vertigo right now, except for fables (it is vertigo, right?). please, point something out to prove me wrong, i love that whole feel to that imprint... and would love to pick up a good new book...

i read nightwing until issue 50, cuz i didn't like the new creative team (see? )

right now i just think marvel has a really good stable of creators on the correct books, and characters i'm interested in. except for igor kordey. i don't understand how this guy got in the building. he's awful.

dc might be getting their business-sense act together finally, though. the evidence being their recent pulling of merchandising rights from hasbro, and giving limited rights to mattel - and giving dc direct the main rights. mattel is only getting rights to do images of the characters outside of the comic medium, meaning movie, animated, and misc rights... could be a good sign!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

I liked the latest episode of Birds of Prey with the waterboy.

The Huntress in the sauna was my favorite part, of course.

However, this "GilmoreGirls Gone Darkside" will get old. I'm just a little bit more for watching next week's, as I am for trying not to.

Smallville is going somewhere: you know Clark is learning to become Superman.

Is Birds of Prey going to go anywhere?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.