Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    It seems to be getting better. I hope we will see Harley Quinn in her costume soon.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Tycho
    Is Birds of Prey going to go anywhere?
    Oh yeah I think so, but it will take a little more than 2 episodes.
    Also remember Smallville is less complex than this story, theres an even bigger backstory for this that some people just may not get and of course the only recognizable character in it is Alfred and partially Barbara but Superman is alot more well known than them.

I know what you mean from the Gilmore Girls stuff though, seems too much like they're taking their usual teen series and trying to mix it in with this, which they really should not and hopefully they'll learn that. Actually a little bit of it reminds me of *cringe* Buffy. I heard theres gonna be some more changes to it though, hopefully they'll get to doing it alot better.

The second episode I don't think was as good as the pilot since it did have a few inconsentencies to it, but still a good episode, if the show's gonna get better in each episode then I hope this has a good long run. I just really hope they don't do the Smallville freak of the week or overuse the Harleen showering her Harley side or overuse the Joker issue.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I liked seeing Black Canary the other week, and tonight's episode was also pretty good.

Dinah's trying too hard, IMO.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yeah, last night they really improved on Dinah a little but the girl still needs acting lessons. She just seems to draw blanks when she's trying to do certain parts and is like an overgrown baby in some of them. She really needs to work on the way her face looks.. When's trying to do serious lines her face just goes dull and the longer the camera concentrates on it, it just looks like it's bubbling up...

Theres a not very strong rumor going around that BoP may not be picked up for season two...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

I really didn't care for the Black Canary episode. They changed her name (Carol? How many superheroes have the name Carol?)
    and although Lori Loughlin is attractive, she doesn't have the toughness that I'd expect from the character. And what was with her breathing in before she screams? That's a good way to let your enemty's know your about to attack. Does anyone else believe the character is dead? doesn't Mia Sara look like Tea Leoni?

JIm

I don't believe Black Canary is dead. I just think she used that explosion to abandon her daughter again - or because she believed that Barbara could train her better.

I like the hard-edge that Reese is portraying. His new partner must've been badly burned. They didn't go into that at all...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I just read that the WB has cancelled any more episodes of this show, and decided to pick up the FOX sitcom Grounded For Life.

http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin...37712080,2146,
    Back and more bearded than ever before

That sucks! I was really getting to like this show. I thought later episodes were actually BETTER than the premier.

I am looking forward to Dinah's character developing, seeing how Barbara lives on with her disability (her romance with Wade), and seeing if Helena and Reese finally get together and make a crime-fighting team together.

I know some people in this thread predicted it would go, but I hoped for the better - and even eventual appearances by Joker and Batman himself!

They had the right cast, the right writers, the right concept idea - what the heck?

They need to give it a chance. True it went up against the new Twilight Zone, but some people will be attracted to a totally recurring cast, which Birds' competitor cannot provide. I'm not even sure who that guy that hosts the Twilight Zone is. I change the channel from UPN after Enterprise (to then watch Birds).

I truly hope it's not over, and / or another station will pick the show up.

From what I heard it's just that WB is waiting to see how well this week's episode does.

I really hope it doesn't get cancelled, the series has a lot of problems acting, direction and writing wise but if they got in a better team, got the girl who plays Dinah some acting lessons and got Paul Dini for the writing then the series would ROCK. Heck, I don't want to see it cancelled just because Dina Meyer is awesome, not just as Barb Gordon but rather just alone her acting in this is great.

They need to put it on Tuesdays with Smallville that way they can have a two hour Superhero timeslot, that's sure to attract viewers.

Tonight's episode with DarkStrike was really good!

Next week Batman himself will be on the show, and Barbara will reunite with him as Batgirl!

The show is too cool - and DarkStrike knows who Huntress is, and also who Harley Quinn is, and if she cuts a deal with him and gets him out of Arkham - then he could rat them all out of the Clock Tower.

Was DarkStrike a real "Batman character?"

That stuff about the stalker guy, what was his name? Was he a part of the lore, too?

Meanwhile, at a Comic Convention in Los Angeles on Sunday, I have a chance to meet The Huntress. Helena Kyle (I hate to admit it, but I don't know her name in real life) will be the special guest at this show. It's always fun to look at the Star Wars stuff they have early, so I think I'll go and check her uh.... I mean the show, out!