Thread: Metal Hilts

Metal Hilts

I think ALL future Star Wars figures should be made with a metal lightsaber hilt!! they look so much better than plastic painted ones!!!

Cheers,
    Ashley

I think i will second you on that... The Saga sabres definitely look much sleaker and cooler with those metal hilts...

Cheers...
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas

I agree, the metal hilts are far better. I hope the 2003 Tyranus figures have metal hilts.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

I prefer the metal hilts myself. Of course plastic hilts are better than no hilts at all.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I love the metal hilts, the only problem with them is their durability.

I remember watching a young kid (about 5-6 years old) getting really excited about finally finding a Yoda figure last June. I still wonder how many minutes it took him, after opening the Yoda, to accidentally break off the lightsaber blade and how many hours after that to just lose the lightsaber altogether. Incredibly tragic for a young kid.

I think it would be good of Hasbro to make more figures like OPD Anakin with the built in lightsaber, this would help prevent kids from breaking, losing and otherwise becoming extremely frustrated with their Star Wars toys. They could pull off a built-in lightsaber on Yoda very well with his baggy sleeves and all.

However, for the collector's sake, they should always make other versions of those figures with separate metal-hilt lightsabers.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

i had an idea (and probably others have had it as well) to put magnets in the figures' belts. That way, they could put the hilt on the belt w/o that stupid peg on the hilt like the ep.1 figs. I wish any of the ideas on these boards could make it to hasbro... people have a lot of good idears!
    [FONT=comic sans ms]ok make me stop talking, it's not interesting anymore[/FONT]

Originally, all the Jedi were meant to have magnets on their belts. That's why Kit Fisto and Plo Koon have the holes in their belts. Hasbro took out the magnets, for some unknown reason. Pity.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku