Silver R2-D2's Release (?)

I talked to a friend of mine who is a manager at Toys R Us. He told me that while the home office is being rather secretive regarding the silver R2, there are allusions in the corporate e-mails to it coming out the day after Thanksgiving - as opposed to the release of EP2 on DVD.

He said, of course, that he wasn't certain of this but that is what he and all the other managers he knows think is the skinny.

Anyone hear any (recent) word to the contrary?

J

From what I have heard from my TRU contact, their Home OFfic is being very hush hush about this. The only other info I have is that you have to spend $25 in order to get it. Of course, this is not set in stone. It would make sense to offer the Silver R2 on Black Friday. It would definitly get collectors in the store that day and maybe get them to buy other items as well. With all the specials going on during Black Friday, anything to get ppl in your store is a good plan
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

That's the current rumor...
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Umm......What's Black Friday?
    Powdered Toast Man!

Black Friday is the day reffered to after Thanksgiving. It is concidered the start of the X-Mas shopping season. The term "Black Friday" refers to the sales. In the retail world, to be in the "black" means your having awesome sales and profits. To be in the "red" is not a good thing at all. So, Black Friday is the day that you will see all the dept stores and what not having hugh sales and special offers. You shoud receive a flyer from the likes of K-Mart, Wally-World, Target, Etc with "special" Black Friday sales specials, usually between the hours of 6am and 11am. That is what Black Friday is.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

In business, I believe being "in the red" means that you owe more than you've made for that year while being "in the black" means you have made more than you owe for that year - in other words, being in the black means you're showing a net profit. As I understand it, most retailers see such an incredible shopping boom on the day after Thanksgiving that they go from being in debt to making a profit on that one day.

If this thing is hitting floors on Black Friday, I'm gonna be honked off, I never find anything worth buying in those sales so I avoid them like the... Black Plauge (sorry, sorry).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

As for Black Friday my TRU opens at 6a and the Freaks (myself included) get there about 5:30 and wait infront of the door.....
    brrrr cold out there.....

I want the silver R2 since he would look cool in any diorama that has R2 D2 in it.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Silver R2 ......

Got three thanks.

Sometimes the U.K. market can be superb.

More than our U.S. cousins would be prepared to pay, but this price differential at least means that supply is pretty good over here.

UKBOY.

Black Friday should be alot of fun. Great.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."