Lego Club Members Get First Crack at new SW set

Wow, this is pretty cool. Lego fan club members are getting the first chance to own both upcoming ROTJ mini-scenes together for $13.98 (plus $2.50 shipping). The 2 sets are:

- Final Duel - 29 pieces, Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader minifigs, MSRP $6.99

- Final Duel II - 23 pieces, Luke Skywalker, Imperial Officer and Stormtrooper minifigs, MSRP $6.99

I'm glad I sent in one of those little cards that comes with nearly *every Lego set ever* for my free Lego fan club membership, I'm definitely getting this 2pack and the Ogel sub from the "Alpha Team" line!

Here's the SSG news article about this:
    http://www.figures.com/databases/act...ow_article=159
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ogel sub? That a new Alpha Team set?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yeah, these look like pretty cool sets. Although, I do wish they would put out a few sets with Army Builders.

Maybe some more 3 pks. like the battle droid set, only with Stormtroopers, TIE Pilots, and an Emperor's guard set.

Set #1
    Stormtrooper (X3)

Set #2
    Emperor's Royal Guard (X2) Emperor (X1)

Set #3
    Snow Trooper (X1) Sandtrooper (X1) TIE Pilot (X1)

Set #4
    B-Wing Pilot (X1) A-Wing Pilot (X1) X-Wing Pilot (X1)

Set #5
    Rebel Fleet Trooper (X1) Hoth Rebel Soldier (X1) Endor Rebel Soldier (X1)

OK that may be asking for a bit much, but I can dream!
    May the force be with you.

Yeah, figure multipacks like the old days would be so much better than this, but I have a feeling that the multiple versions of Final Duel 2 I buy will net me a TON of Luke Jedi figures on the loose (since I'll absorb those Stormtroopers and officers into my regular sets, muwha ha ha!!! ). At $6.99, that's 2 figures, a plate, some railings, and a technic-jr archway that'll get put to good use... and a Luke Jedi; I consider this set a $7 figure 2pack.

Basker, Ogel ("Lego" spelled backwards) is the bad guy from the "Alpha Team" Lego line. His sub looks great, looks like it has a new cockpit which is similar to Jack Stone's larger cockpit (but not the same), my favorite Bionicle accessories (the black claw, x2 no less), and a new style of arm! Plus, it looks really neat, so I'm getting one as soon as Shop-at-Home gets them into their computers (neither the new SW set nor the Sub are there yet as of this typing).

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I know who Ogel is and what it was spelled backwards, thanks, but I was just wondering if the Alpha Team was coming out with new sets or something because that line kicks.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Ah, ok, wasn't sure. This is a SW-themed site, after all.

Anyway, Alpha Team for 2002 will be all underwater-based sets, Ogel's underwater lab thing looks freakin' awesome, in fact, every set in this wave looks freakin' awesome. It's called "Alpha Team - Mission: Deep Sea" and there are tons of subs. The only thing that bothers me is that the cockpits are NOT sealed, they're open-sided cockpits like the ones from the Mars sets, but some creative building SHOULD be able to overcome this.