Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Touche.

Why does every beverage in the Star Wars films have to be hard liquor? (Except blue milk) I think Juri Juice is the equivalent of Pepsi in the Star Wars galaxy. That's my new theory. Add it to the list.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Why does every beverage in the Star Wars films have to be hard liquor? (Except blue milk) I think Juri Juice is the equivalent of Pepsi in the Star Wars galaxy. That's my new theory. Add it to the list.
    If you had to look at Dr Evizon's ugly mug all the time, you'd want to be as drunk as possible!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, but it's not a case where C-3PO and R2 were actually sitting next to Jabba, they just see him. They don't know Jabba personally, so really Xir, it makes plenty of sense that 3PO says that. SO your big continuity gap, ain't so big.

WOW, I'm suprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but here goes.....

Does anybody remember Episode IV (A New Hope)?!?!

C-3PO and R2-D2 don't even remember TATOOINE!?!?

I am an avid reader of the Star Wars novels. It is common practice for droids, ESPECIALLY astromechs like R2-D2 to undergo memory wipes!

The reasoning behind it gets a little technical, so I won't go into it here.

However, it is pretty much a given that both droids will undergo memory wipes prior to ANH! As for 3PO hearing things about Jabba, who knows? Maybe he picked up some stories at Mos Eisley or something. Or he was listening to all the star pilots talk about him.

As for the droids "character"? Well, I think it's probably more like a hard wired set of instructions. The droid looses his memory, but maintains certain things. That way 3PO can have a memory wipe and still be fluent in over 6 million forms of communication. Kinda like having an L2 cach on your hard drive.
    May the force be with you.

SK99, what's to remember? C-3PO probably doesn't know that they're going to Tatooine so he certainly wouldn't know they LANDED on Tatooine, and it's not like Tatooine is SO specific-looking, it's just a dust bowl like a thousand different dust bowls. He may remember Tatooine fine, but not know he's ON that planet. Clearly R2 does know where he's going, though there's probably nothing about "memory" to that, more that Leia told him where to go.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Xir, don't worry, you are completely correct know matter how hard other TPM-lovers try to rationalize the continuity errors that have been created. Rube Goldberg would be proud of some of the machinations imagined by some of you to get around obvious problems.

Yeah, they've been to Tatooine as well, and R2 did know exactly where he was going, who he was going to see, who Obi Wan was, and what the mission importance was. Memory wipes my a**. That's a cop out and a half.

I'm telling you, like I've said before, I'm starting to believe that GL is deliberately holding off on a DVD release of the original trilogy because he knows full well that he'll have to alter the soundtrack and/or CG in or out new elements in order to plug the gaping holes he's creating with the new trilogy. We'll never ever see the "original" trilogy on DVD. It'll be some ridiculous bastardization that support monthly droid memory wipes, Midichlorians, and Qui Gon Ginn.

Originally posted by stillakid
    It'll be some ridiculous bastardization that support monthly droid memory wipes, Midichlorians, and Qui Gon Ginn.
    Hey, wouldn't that be a cool name for a cocktail? "Bartender, give me a Qui-Gon Gin with a lemon twist."
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

Hey, wouldn't that be a cool name for a cocktail? "Bartender, give me a Qui-Gon Gin with a lemon twist."

Hmm? Maybe that's where TPM came from. GL went on an extended bender then started writing...

Neither C-3PO's nor R2-D2's actions in ANH can prove conclusively they don't know where they are. C-3PO tells Luke he doesn't know, but I think he does.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The OT always put forth the idea that R2 was the "stable" one of the pair and 3PO tended to be a little ditsy at times. Undeniably in ANH, R2 knew exactly what he was doing and where he was. But 3PO clearly didn't know and I don't think he really cared where he was. He was just interested in getting back to the posh life in a palace somewhere or something.