Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Cantina Bar Sets Wave 2

I just added carded pictures of these. What do yout think of these new figures?
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Great scoop, SirSteve! That overlord place (or person) in Singapore always has the new stuff up first. I've never bought from them b/c the shipping prices are usually more than the figures

But, the figures look great! Wuher's clothing looks especially good - good use of shading and color; albeit perhaps a bit dark.

Any idea when are should see these stateside?

J

They look great, alot better then the prototypes we saw just recently. The accent paint on Wuher does look a bit dark and heavy, but maybe it's not so bad in person. Can't wait for these to hit in Nov.-Dec.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

These look great, I can't wait to get them!!!
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

Glad they didn't turn out to be customs. Anyone find it curious as to why they're on the other side of the card than the first wave was? Possibly hinting that the next ones could be curved pieces with shorter figures centered under'em? Loosely based theory but then again...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I love them!!!!!!! Hasbro better shell out some curved sections, "or there will be hell to pay" How about if we get another 3 units, 1 with one of the two sisters, 1 with the other sister and then the last with the smoking dude. Then one last set with the pipes and junk. In my dreams right?????
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I don't think a third assortment with curved sections is impossible. But having the Tonnika Sisters in there will be, since Hasbro has said numerous times that rights issues prevent those charecters ever from being made for the foreseeable future.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    I don't think a third assortment with curved sections is impossible. But having the Tonnika Sisters in there will be, since Hasbro has said numerous times that rights issues prevent those charecters ever from being made for the foreseeable future.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    You know JJB, I think the RIGHTS issue is BS. If it was true, then all actors that showed their face in SW would be getting money. I heard that all the actors signed a contract that all film and photos are property of Lucas Film, so Hasbro could do it. If it is true then change their faces a little.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Not all actors. It's just mostly the Cantina Patrons that didn't sign over likeness rights. Lucas at the time never imagined the possibility that minor background charecters would have products made for them. So he signed the main cast, and the secondary cast. Supposedly the women that played the Tonnika Sisters either flatly refused when Hasbro asked for their likeness rights.

Or they asked for such a insane price, that Hasbro would never agree anyway. This is the same thing that prevents McFarlane from doing a Movie Maniac figure of Regan from The Exorcist. They approched Linda Blair, and she wanted an insane sum for her likeness. 1 million dollars, if I recall correctly.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks