Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About Jedi Tricks' signature

Hey, JT, I have a couple of friendly observations about your signature line, "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in Attack of the Clones". I know this is meant to be humourous, and it is, and that you don't care for the title, and that's probably why you put it there, but I was thinking. It's good the movie isn't going to be called "The Clone Wars", because, IMO, the characters in the movie should not speak the title of any of the movies in the Saga. You didn't hear the Rebels yelling, "The Empire is Striking Back"! or Obi-Wan ever tell Luke he was "A New Hope". It would just be kind of cheesy, like it sounds in my head when I can almost hear Leia saying, "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in Attack of the Clones". And it would be equally as cheesy to have the movie name be "The Clone Wars", then her line in ANH just wouldn't sound right to me.

Everyone please remember, this is just my opinion, I don't want to rehash any bitter arguments or anything.

I completely agree, but the signature is still funny

Oh yeah, the signature is funny, I had seen it several times and laughed at it, it just eventually inspired a more serious thought.

My signature isn't meant to say the title "The Clone Wars" would be better, it's meant to show that Lucas is kinda losing his grip on reality and I could see him doing a "Nifty Edition" to "fix" some of the junk he's done with the prequels. http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/rumor/update.htm I could almost see Lucas doing this type of thing after the Special Editions.

Of course, if the film didn't have "Attack of the Clones" as its title, I wouldn't continue to think that Lucas is slowly going bananas. That title sucks IMO, Lucas' reasoning for it is, again IMO, a shoddy excuse for a lack of imagination or the ability to see beyond his own ego, as if the first title he scraped off his brain was the ONLY one. Especially sad because a thesaurus could have helped, as could a quick reminder of the fact that "Attack of the ____" (anything) is a cliche' and a bad joke in today's world. If this film had been 'The Clone Attack' I wouldn't love it, but I wouldn't care either. As it is now, I care because it's an actively-crappy title to me and I don't want people thinking that Star Wars is just a joke.

Of course, if it was "Onslaught of the Clones", I'd be saying "yay!"

BTW, I never thought I'd be seeing a thread based on this sig line. I only wish the VB code currently had strikethrough code (which it will next week) so it could look like my sig on the old forums.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: About Jedi Tricks' signature

Originally posted by Fulit
    I know this is meant to be humourous, and it is,
    WHAT is it meant to be Funny,please I could do better!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

And look at that, the VB code for my strikethrough is here.

GNT, don't they speak English down there in Australia? What does your post mean? Are you saying you could be funnier? Care to prove that?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, say something funny, GNT.

Smile

Hehe I thought GNT's post was kinda funny.............

JT, now you have the option of reverting back a bit more toward George's original film with something along the lines of:

"General Kenobi,
    years ago you served my father in the Star Wars:Clone WarsAnimated Shorts.