View Poll Results: What kind of Deluxe Figure do you see the most value in?

Voters
704. You may not vote on this poll
  • a Force-flipping action figure like Anakin or Dooku

2 0.28%
  • an electronic, large figure like the Nexu

95 13.49%
  • a figure with a playset like Yoda or C-3PO

135 19.18%
  • a figure with accessories like the Clone Trooper speeder pilot

391 55.54%
  • a figure with action features and a target figure, like Anakin or Mace

23 3.27%
  • I dont like any of the Deluxe Figures

58 8.24%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't think I've ever agreed with so many of the post before. Of course I have my individual reasons, but my two favorites were a figure with accesories (like the Clone Trooper & bike) and a figure with a playset like Yoda or C-3PO. Had this been during POTJ, I would have chosen "with playset" or maybe it's "with accessory".... whatever people are counting the bacta tank and the sail barge cannon. Those were amazing and MUCH better than the current sets with Yoda & 3PO. I mean, I bought both of them and like them, but they can't touch the POTJ deluxe figures. I refuse to buy the force flipping figures... what a waste (of plastic, development time, money... the list goes on). Personally, I bought the Nexu, C-3PO, & Yoda, though I think the Nexu would have been as good without the electronics and then no battery acid worries. I may have bought the slicing Anakin w/Geonosian, IF the Anakin wasn't SOO BAD. I am really looking forward to finding the deluxe clone trooper with speeder and maybe the flying Geonosian or whatever that one is.

I don't know, maybe Hasbro should let there sculptors go wild and develop 100s of ideas and let the buyers vote for what they want. I know it would never happen, but then mayber there wouldn't be all the failures sitting out there as pegwarmers. And then, just maybe, we would see new figures like Bail Organa, Owen, Beru, Cliag, etc before we see our 10th Anikan or Padme or Obi-Wan.
    Last edited by obi-dad; 10-15-2002 at 03:13 PM.

Figures with playsets are GREAT -- They are a great play value for children at a low cost -- this is a close tie with the figures with target figures. I remember getting action figures and only being allowed to get ONE! -- This was hard for a little kid -- who is he going to fight/play with?!?! -- Two figures for the (almost) price of one is GREAT. Force Flipping is hopefully DEAD! -- Please no more of this kind of CRAP!! Electronic figures like the NEXU are good -- but I believe even they can be offered at the same price as the regular figures -- there is NOT much difference minus the electronics...
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

I voted for the Clone Trooper w/ Speederbike, but it's so rare that Hasbro does something like this that's right, usually it's "Luke w/ Desert Sport Skiff" instead. I guess I don't trust Hasbro to get it right very often, deluxes usually have substandard paint or design or materials or manufacturing that leave me wondering why I spent more for them than their higher-quality basic brethren.

Let me ask, what makes "a figure with accessories like the Clone Trooper speeder pilot" not include electronic Jango? Would he fit in there better than "an electronic, large figure like the Nexu"? If Electronic Jango fits with the former, then I've wasted my vote because I definitely don't want more of that.

I have bought in the saga line:
    - Force Flipping Dooku
    - Mace w/ droid
    - Anakin w/ geonosian
    - 3PO w/ droid
    - Yoda w/ SBD

Of those, I've been mildly amused w/ Flip-off Dooku, somewhat disappointed in Mace, somewhat disappointed in Anakin, mildly amused w/ 3PO, and Yoda is defective in several catagories so I have little enjoyment so far there. If I had paid full price for these, in total I would have wasted $40 of the $50 spent.

I avoided the Nexu because of limited articulation/posability and a lack of interest in the character. Mace w/ droid and Anakin w/ geonosian are the same problems, main figure is limited in articulation, gimmick figure doesn't react properly to main figure (mace's droid falls apart at a glance and ani's geonosian won't come apart when he whacks him), and overall quality is lacking. With dlx 3PO, the paint apps were simply too limited. With flipping dooku, the gimmick gets stale once you've figured out how to get it to work nicely, it's a one-trick pony. None of these seem "deluxe" compared to the basics and that's what bothers me, deluxe prices for toys that have less quality put into them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The new Clone Trooper Deluxe Figure is way cool!

The only disapointment is he does not have articulation at the waist, to allow for his grenade tossing action feature.

On that note, the grenade tossing feature really works - and it works well. It was fun to play with for a few minutes, but due to the fact that the Clone Trooper needs a loose grip on the grenade to hurl it with a press of the button on his back, he doesn't hold his gun too well. But that's nothing one of those little clear rubberbands wouldn't fix.

Meanwhile, I also would have liked a holster for his blaster gun.

The 5 pieces of removeble armor fit on him just awesome!

This figure is perfect for any Kamino Cloning Lab diorama! Make the clones be posed donning their armor, or getting their helmets and suiting up for combat training!

I bought 2 - that was all that was there - but I plan to get up to 6 total, these figures are so nice!

They bend at the knees, and twist at the lower leg, too - for good poseability on or off the speederbike (included) - though I plan to put some kind of later, highly poseable Clone on the bikes in my battle scenes, and leave the guys with the removeable armor to be shown on Kamino. The throwing arm is adjustable (not like Arena Padme who's permanently posed in a shooting position). You can have this figure hold his helmet at his side, or be sitting, pulling on a leg guard segment of his armor. One wrist (the left hand) pivots. He can also be posed double-handling his blaster (firing from his right hand on the trigger).

The helmet and speederbike have a lot of rubbery feeling parts.

Note that when you put the bike into storage on the Republic Gunship, you have to take off the fron steering vane so it will fit.

The vane actually stores underneath the speederbike, so snap it into place first, then put your bike's main body aboard your gunship to fly it into battle!

How would I rate this deluxe figure? Top notch. It's really hard to say but only C-3PO / Battle Droid Deluxe comes close to this much playability and utility for me.

Nice job on the Clone Trooper Deluxe Hasbro!

(found at K-mart for $10.99)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW: I think the Nexu is great, however, I don't see that it needed to be a Deluxe figure. We just were lucky it was marketed this way, instead of a more expensive beast assortment package, with a cheap or resculpted pack-in figure.

JediTricks' reviews were mostly right on. He forgot to mention some issues with the attack-action figures: their target figures have no foot holes on the bottom of their feat. Stand Mace's battledroid up and it falls over and falls apart before Mace can hurl any Force-effect at it. And JT: you are lucky if your Geonosian doesn't come apart when Anakin whacks it. Mine comes apart way too easy, and it also won't stay standing up. In fact all Geonosians lack foot peg holes, unfortunately.

Finally, Jango Fett armor most closely resembles the Speederbiker Clone with the accessories, but the lack of poseability in the legs and the giant hole in his back for the electronic backpack seriously detract from the playability and authenticity of this figure. Jango was a mistake. The clone trooper was not.

Last but not least, one virtue of the Flipping Darth Tyranus is that you can add on more lightsaber to his other hand (Anakin's blue one), and he can be posed to look seriously cool fighting Yoda w. 2 sabers. He can stand on his own OFF the magnet pad, but on it, things sure are a lot easier.

So while nothing has touched the highest quality of the Deluxe Figures like Luke Bacta, Snowtrooper, Hoth Rebel, the Deluxe Clone Trooper comes the closest! (Slave Leia ought to have had her sailbarge cannon come with a full-blown sailbarge to actually be useful!)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I like these 3:
    An electronic, large figure like the Nexu: A new Probe droid would be nice
    A figure with a playset like Yoda or C-3PO: Plenty of ideas for this
    A figure with accessories like the Clone Trooper speeder pilot: A new Scout Trooper? Yavin Hanger Tech w/ pilot transport?

I'm not sure which one to vote for. I like the variety.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Larger like Nexu

I voted for the larger items, like Nexu. For me, I'm interested in collecting minature representations of the characters that I see onscreen, be they humans, Midi-laden-superhumans, aliens, droids, or beasts.

It doesn't seem likely that Hasbro would have created and released an item like Nexu on it's own as a beast and it's too big and beast-like to be considered an action figure. The same thing with the Mynock. Without a larger deluxe-style release, it seems unlikely that we would have the opportunity to own some of these characters.

As for the gimmicks, like Force Flipping Action and stuff, for me anyway, it's interesting for about 5 minutes. There isn't a ton of extended play value in something like that for kids either, as I've witnessed. Putting more effort into the ships and playsets appears to have the best payoff overall for the dollar.

Rogue II said he'd like to see an Imperial Bikerscout with removeable armor accessories like the Deluxe Clone Trooper.

How about Han and Luke stormtroopers done in this manner?

I think that would be seriously cool!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I wish we could have selected more than one option. I wanted to pick the large, electronic figure; the figures with a miniplayset and the figures with a vehicle. However, since I could only pick one, I picked the large, electronic figures. The other two offer too many chances of scene specific resculpts.

I would love to see large size deluxes of many of the droid vehicles from AOTC and the Droid Fighters from TPM (fully transformable and not so poorly designed). This would also be a great way to get characters like Jabba and items like the torture rack from ESB.

I think the last wave of Deluxes was the greatest. Leia and Luke were awesome new sculpts with great accessories and Amanaman was a supercool figure by himself (even though he was a little skimpy for a DX). I didn't buy Maul.

I think the biggest rip-off as far as the Deluxe pricetag is concerned has to be 300th Boba Fett. $10 for a figure with less detail than we get with a standard Saga figure? What a load of crap.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I voted for the Large Electronic Figures. Personally I really like the Nexu and am glad Hasbro didn't box it and sell it for $15. I think more characters should be done like that.

I might have voted for the the Clonetrooper/Speederbike if I owned it, but alas, I do not yet so I will reserve judgement.

And as far as the Force Flippers, what the hell was Hasbro thinking? I bought the Dooku one because I could not find the basic one at the time and I have never been more disgusted with a figure. No Articulation, Bad Sculpt, Permenant Lightsaber in his hand, and worst of all I have yet to get the flipping to work. Ugh....
    Powdered Toast Man!

Tycho, my Dlx Ani Geonosian is pretty tight actually, it'll come apart if it gets knocked down, but it has fairly good balance so Ani's saber slash is way too wimpy to bust it up by itself.

I don't use pegs much for the Ep 2 figures, so the peg-hole issue hasn't been much on my mind, but it is frustrating and pointless, peg holes could be put on both the "target" figs and the other geonosians.

I don't think dlx Jango deserves to go in the same category as dlx Clone Trooper, I certainly wouldn't vote for another dlx figure of Jango's "quality".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.