Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Why wasnt it done right the first time?

A rumor from Ask Adam:

For 2003, Hasbro will be releasing-- it seems-- revised versions of Episode II vehicles....[edit]... and the Jedi Starfighter will include the Hyperdrive Ring.

Now this is my problem with hasbro.

They initially release obi.
    Then they release his ship.
    Then they package them both together and release that.
    Then they add something to the ship and re- re- release it (Something that should have been there from the get go)

Why do they keep rereleasing the same items?
    Why do they make a change or repaint or add an exclusive pack in?

Because they believe most of us are idiots and will buy everything (in some cases -everything 3 times)

Actually the ship came first, the Obi figure that should've been a pack-in for it came later on.

Only way they could really justify this after KB's picking up the Vehicle w/ pack-ins exclusive re-releases is if they took out the gimmicks and put in the back landing gear along with possibly removeable panels on the back for a cargo area and the ring could interact with that and the earlier version (just for kicks).

It could stay just a rumor and if they ever made the hyperdrive ring they would probably make it seperate since it's big enough already. They'd really have no reason to revise the ships except maybe for Zam's speeder, making it more accurate inside and taking away the blast-apart panels along with a Pilot Zam that can actually lay in there like she should.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

It makes sense for Slave-1 to be re-released in the ESB colors using the superior AOTC sculpt of the vehicle. The vintage one was great for its day but very lacking in sharp detail and the rear was a pain to keep in place and not a good fit. Using the Saga Slave-1 sculpt and adding a new paint deco and maybe altering the gimmicks a little to allow for an opening cargo hold in the rear would be cool. Even if they just repaint it as is and shove it out I'll buy that just to get the cool sculpt for Boba Fett.

Why re-release things? money, that's what they want.

3 Times Not Bloody Likely

I hear what you are saying aikman, many things are being re- re- released, and I for one do not buy into that crap. The Jedi Starfighter I bought one and that's it, I'm not going to fork out another $29.99 for one with a pilot and then another $29.99 for one with the Hyperdrive Ring. I didn't even like the pilot version enough to buy it on it's own. Many figures I'm sad to say will get passed up by others and myself, just due to the fact that they have been over done (resculpted) so many times. The Cantina sets are for the most part resculpts that I already have with the exception of Wuher and Kitik, I may buy Greedo as I am making a custom Jedi out of him in the future so I will need two of him. As for the others (except Wuher and Kitik) I don't need them and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the deluxe Clone Trooper with Speederbike to spend my money on. Out of the numerous figures coming out in the future as well as the new and improved resculpts, I will only be buying the selected few that I like. I know that new collectors just starting will buy up the things that I do not want or what we old guys already have and do not need. In closing I would like to say bring on some NEW stuff Hasbro and stop resculpting Anakin, Darth Maul, Mace, JANGO , and give us some more generic figures that most of us really want.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

It's simple, money, Hasbro is greedy.

Hasbro is like a Gold Digging girlfriend, they suck up to you with something great, then turn their back and rob you blind, well maybe not blind. Hasbro has put me in the poor house many times with their re-dues.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

The hyperdrive ring was a late addition to the movie, after Hasbro already had the current toy costed and sculpted. Remeber what kind of a lead time we are talking about in toys, figures take around 10 months from concept to shelf. Now when the movie is still being worked on in those 10 months, inconsistances can occur in the first waves of the line. It's the same reason the gunships didn't come with the gunner bubbles, they were added late to the film.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That's no excuse, they could always release it by it's self or with the KB Exclusive.

Hopefully the re-released Gunship will be the Cargo Gunship.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    The hyperdrive ring was a late addition to the movie, after Hasbro already had the current toy costed and sculpted. Remeber what kind of a lead time we are talking about in toys, figures take around 10 months from concept to shelf. Now when the movie is still being worked on in those 10 months, inconsistances can occur in the first waves of the line. It's the same reason the gunships didn't come with the gunner bubbles, they were added late to the film.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    JJB, I have a hard time believeing that the Gunships guns were added late to the film, only because the Gun Ship has molded cut-outs and brackets for them. They were planned all along, IMO

Originally posted by turbowars
    JJB, I have a hard time believeing that the Gunships guns were added late to the film, only because the Gun Ship has molded cut-outs and brackets for them. They were planned all along, IMO
    Much agreed with turbowars on this one, it's just an excuse to make more money. If it weren’t planned then the cut-out brackets would not be there. As for the Jedi Starfighter, they could have released the Hyperdrive Ring as a pack in with the Obi-Wan Pilot in a larger bubble or as an exclusive in an accessory set or something along those lines. The fact is I'm getting real tired of re-re-sculpts as they will only hurt the line as people will grow tired and wise up to what Hasbro is doing. They need to focus on things that haven't been done i.e. Ships, generic characters, deluxe items along the lines of the Clone Trooper/Nexu and not ones like the rehashed figures in the Cantina sets. If they wanted to do these, then they should have released characters that were scarce and not yet produced. i.e. (Wuher and Kitik) plus many others that have been mentioned before by others.

And please don't tell me it's about making money guys, we already know that, they (Hasbro) need new ideas with characters that need to be made not ones that have been made five or six times or even some that have been made once or twice before. I'm still waiting for Captain Antilles, Imperial Officers (Ozzel) and General Madine etc.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!