Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Warner Bros to Rock with "Johnny Bravo"

Ugh, just ugh. Not much else to say regarding the casting here. The Rock sure as hell wouldn't be who I would pick in the roll. I wonder how many other Cartoons will be getting the live action treatment. What's next, Haley Joe Osment as Dexter in Dexter's Labratory: The Movie.

Warner Bros to Rock with "Johnny Bravo"
    By Cathy Dunkley

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - Warner Bros has bought the live-action feature film rights to Cartoon Network's half-hour series "Johnny Bravo" as a potential starring vehicle for wrestling hero the Rock.

"Johnny Bravo", a half-hour series that debuted in July 1997, is one of Cartoon Network's signature original shows, and has been a huge hit for the network.

The animated series is about a big-muscled, big haired sweet-talking wannabe ladies-man who sounds like Elvis, loves his mother and worships himself -- and continually proves to be his own worse enemy.

Neal Moritz and Marty Adelstein will produce for Warner Bros via their Original Film production banner. As yet, no writer has been hired to pen the script.

"When the Rock mentioned to Neal (Moritz) and myself he was a big fan of "Johnny Bravo" and thought it was a great idea for a movie, we thought it was a natural fit and potentially a great role for him to play, so we went aggressively after the property," said Adelstein.

The Rock was most recently in theatres with the modest hit "The Scorpion King."

The project marks the first live-action motion picture teaming of WB and its AOL Time Warner corporate sibling Cartoon Network. Warner Bros previously produced an animated feature of Cartoon Network's hit animated show called "The Powerpuff Girls: The Movie."

Even though Warner Bros live-action feature "Scooby-Doo" has spawned a new franchise for the studio, Cartoon Network, which broadcasts the original animated TV show on which that movie was based, had no part in the development or production of that feature. Rights to the original show were part of the Hanna-Barbera library, which was acquired by Time Warner through the Turner/Time Warner merger.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle...toryID=1596792

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: Warner Bros to Rock with "Johnny Bravo"

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Ugh, just ugh. Not much else to say regarding the casting here. The Rock sure as hell wouldn't be who I would pick in the roll. I wonder how many other Cartoons will be getting the live action treatment. What's next, Haley Joe Osment as Dexter in Dexter's Labratory: The Movie.
    I thought I heard something about them making a live action Dragon Ball Z movie a while back.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Yeah, I heard that also. But, since I couldn't care at all about "DragonBall Z", I haven't been following the latest news.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dragonball Z will be a 2hr long movie with just Goku and Vegeta facing off, but not doing anything. Then the narrator will come on and show us scenes from the next DBZ movie where we see Goku lift up his arm for another 2 hrs.

Why don't they just do a Cartoon movie like they did with the Power Puff Girls.

BD- they won't do that cause it would make too much sense!!

what's next?!!??! Life action "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" movie with CGI Meatwad, Shake and Frylock?!?!? They could get John Goodman to be Carl and have Matt Damon and Ben Affleck to be the mooninites!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

JMG, if they do live action anything from Adult Swim, I'll take Sea Lab 2021. Now that would be sweet. Heck, I'd take even an animated movie of that. "Oh, there goes my nippies again."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JJB- That thought occured to me as well. Sealab would definately make a good movie, live action or animated. I'm sure they could get Erik Estrada to play his part (would have to include a scene of him playing is CHiPS video game though), but i'm not sure what the other actors look like, so i dunno if they could do their roles, so actually, yeah, animated would be better. I know i'd go see it and as long as they have the writers from the show, it'd be freakin' hilarious as well.

"It's not a toy. It makes cupcakes with a 40 watt bulb and it has icing packets, but the secret ingridient is love, dammit."
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I could go for a Sea Lab 2021 movie.

"Mommy, mommy, stop upsetting mommy."
    "I wonder what the space baby would say?"
    "If you don't want me to eat you, say something."
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

"Looks like I'm going to have to impose Martian law here, fellas!"

I guess this will movie will not be based on the excellent first season of Johnny Bravo, but the lousy subsequent seasons. My choice for a live-action Johnny would be Patrick Warburton, but what do I know?
    Tommy, close your eyes.